Chapter 15

Good day, pixies! 😊

First of all, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. 😘

Next, sorry for not updating during the christmas season. I spent my vacation touring and having adventures in Singapore! 😁
🎢🎡🛫 (⬆ the picture of me above was taken at the Universal Studios Sentosa)

Lastly, as a treat, here's another chapter of The Tainted Earth ❤ Enjoy!

Love,
Ash

_____________________________________

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question." - Albert Camus

Earth Kingdom
The Immortal Tree

Cara's POV

We wasted no time and immediately went south of the earth kingdom to visit Lana. A few earth elves accompanied me and Alex, while the Wiccan King lagged behind.

He's nervous.

Or maybe he's still thinking about his bachelorhood coming to an end. Well, whether he's ready or not to have a queen, I'll still find a way to free my sister. She deserves to roam the realm as much as I do.

We stopped at the foot of the tree, scanning the area for anything suspicious. Finding none, Alex ordered the men to stand guard outside while we go in to talk to the Oracle.

"Ready, Wiccan?" I asked.

He breathed deeply, "Not much, really." Then he seriously looked at the both of us, "Can we not tell her about Hekate's plan? I wan't to tell her myself when I'm finally sure of it, and when she's already out of the tree. Besides, it's better that way. I don't want her thinking I'm only doing this to keep my kingdom and be in Hekate's good graces."

I pondered everything he said and nodded carefully, "I'll only ask one thing from you, King Ahba." His full attention turned to me and he motioned for me to continue, "If ever you can't find it in yourself to love her, just tell her and let her go. I don't want to free her in this goddamn prison just to lure her in another one. Don't take this wrong, I just want to protect my sister the way you want to protect yours. We can endure battle scars, curses, wars, imprisonment, death and reincarnation. Matters of the heart, however, can make you suffer more considering the length of our lifespan. So please reconsider before trapping her in a loveless marriage. That is all I ask."

I felt Alexander's hand entwining with mine before he kissed my temple, "Do not worry too much, baby. I know he won't, and besides, you and your sister have each other now. I'll even help you deliver good punches." He chuckled.

Ahba's tension eased as Alexander joked and he looked at me with a newfound respect, "I give you my word, Queen Cara."

Alex growled in approval making me laugh as I motioned for us to continue,"Let's go, Lana's probably waiting. Oracle, remember?"

We got in through the same passage we used last time when we retrieved our friend, Toriel. Silence greeted us as we reached the pool of crystal clear water. The colored crystals adorning the tree walls and pool bed glimmered and glowed softly as if being hit by soft moonlight.

"Lana?" I called.

The water rippled and from the center emerged the flower bud that encages my sister. One by one, the petals started opening. What remained was the figure of a maiden embracing herself and the crystal ball in her arms. She looked up sleepily, silver-white eyes glancing at us curiously. Her soft moonlight glow enhanced the dim light inside the prison-tree.