Chapter 22

"Love truth, but pardon error." - Voltaire

Celestial Kingdom
The Paradise Meadow
Celestial Palace

Cara's POV

Once again, I felt lightweight, but more alive than ever.

This pre-Armageddon dream is unusual. Unlike my other dreams, I feel like I'm not some totally formless bystander. As if my body was solid yet made out of clouds, clouds that now carry me upwards. I was wide awake yet dead asleep at the same time. Nevertheless, I remained passive, allowing the divine wind to carry me back to the place I haven't seen for millennia.

Seat of the gods. Our thrones.

The next thing I know, I was standing before them all. Five thrones; three deities; two vacant seats; one seat battered and thunderstruck. I can't belive I've made so much promises, good thing I know how to keep them. Otherwise my throne would burn forever.

Hekate, the goddess of magic, of witches and demons, looked at me with the same loving eyes as before in her throne at the middle. On her left sat Alfir, the god of all the elements, of the elves, with that same mischievous smile armed with tricks. On her right side was Prima Luna or Selene, the Moon of the wolves and vampires, holding both the sun and the moon in her hands. The sun and the moon that we sacrificed.

"No curse could tie a deity to a destiny made only for immortals of the realm, although the rightful heirs have their own greatness. A deity will always find a way to make her own path." Hekate started, relaxing in her seat. "The curse of the great beast was made to make you and Lana suffer even after breaking it. Yet somehow, you found your way back to us. Without your divinity." My gaze drifted to the moon and sun in Selene's grasps.

I racked my brain for anything related to what she was saying. I was so confused that it undoubtedly showed in my face making Alfir chuckle.

He stood, siphoning a part of my soul that revealed the golden hue and the celestial seal. Their smiles widened. As I stared at the seal and their expectant faces my own mind registered the information.

"Holy shit." I cursed.

Alfir rewarded me with a booming laughter, "That's right, former goddess of the sun. You were reborn as the legendary Seraphim, who is apparently strong enough to weild the powers of the sun."

"Shit shit shit." I echoed again, hands trembling.

"That's not all, though," Selene piped in gracefully shuffling both items in her hands. "Lana may have lost the moon, but she gained another power, another title."

I closed my eyes in relief, "The stars. She's the new goddess of the stars, the navigator of the souls."

"Yes, Cara. The moon was meant for me all along, for Lana made her own path as well. The sun, however, must be returned to you." She extended her hand holding the sun and it floated across the hall towards my waiting hands. As it sunk deep in my palms, something protruded on my back and the wings came out. All nine of them, all golden. This time, I felt no pain at all, only exhilaration.

I am what I should be now.

I could also be where I should be now; beside Alex, my sister and my friends. I must join the fight, but I don't need to kill anybody.

It's time to wake up, Seraphim.

***

My eyes opened slowly, noting the deafening silence that greeted me. I tried to sit, but straps bind me tight to the bed, preventing any plans of escape. The double doors of the lavish room were closed, but I can feel the presence of two angels guarding it just outside.