Chapter 13

"An aristocracy in a republic is like a chicken whose head has been cut off; it may run about in a lively way, but in fact it is dead." - Nancy Mitford

Earth Kingdom
Earth Castle

Cara's POV

Dead.

That is the best word to describe the Earth Kingdom. There is no warm emotion circling the earth state, only bitterness and envy. The most joy and hope I have felt, are from the group of common people and slaves following us the moment we stepped in this wrethched place.

They sent us a carriage, how thoughtful of them. It was beautiful, princely. However, the scarred and tortured horses in reigns was an insult to all passionate earth elves and even us angels. We ditched the extravagant ride, had the other elves care for the poor horses and walked all the way from the Chrysanthemum Estate to this place. Never in a million years are we going to ride in a luxury carriage pulled by unwilling beasts, which they keep sending on purpose. Although the message they were trying to implore got through us right away, we know how to rebel in our own ways.

Alex's in his armored lion form while I'm riding on his back, all three golden wings hidden but my broadswords are strapped on my back.

For safety purposes.

The guards opened the gates to the noblemen's lands, where the Earth Castle can be found. They let us in, but prevented the townspeople who are mostly slaves and freemen from entering. Seeing the hopeful faces of these earth elves makes me want to draw my sword and break the castle's tower, but I know it will only worsen things. I hated it, but we have to follow the rules.

For now.

A nobleman on a horse met us halfway. From his uniform and the medals hanging on it, I'm guessing he's the general, or someone of higher rank. From his narrowed gaze, I guess he wasn't expecting me nor Alex's armored lion form. His lips pursed in distaste as he spoke, "Prince Alexander Erthe, the king and queen sent me to accompany you to the throne room to pay your homage. The luncheon will commence right after."

Alexander only growled his response, passing-by the surprised nobleman. We got a few steps further before he cleared his throat quite annoyingly.

"I'm sorry, Miss. You have to stay behind, the invitation doesn't extend to you."

Alexander growled with dominance this time, turning to face the man and making him kneel with sheer power. The guards at the gate staggered on their feet as well, "Any invitation to me, is also an invitation for my wife."

The man nodded immediately with wide eyes and Alex growled one more time before releasing his hold on him.

I chuckled lowly, "You should've let me handle him. I work in silencing people virtuoso." My eyes glowed golden and the man scrambled immediately up his feet with fear in his eyes. "Kidding," I giggled.

I felt Alexander's laughter before he started walking again, the nobleman hot on our heels. The door was pulled open by two knights and we entered the chamber. Alex seemed to know the way so I didn't bother memorizing the dizzying twist and turns we made. Atlast, we stopped in front of a door with two knights standing guard. I jumped down beside Alexander as the door opened. The chamber or throne room was lavish, it really shows the family have money and power. The king, queen and crowned prince sat on their throne aghast at seeing Alexander's armored lion walking with me down the aisle towards them. They didn't say anything until we stopped right in front of them, refusing to bow.

The queen squinted her eyes while looking at me, obviously showing hatred. "What impertinence is this? Why is that woman here? Stanley!" Her voice became high-pitched at the end.