Still off

Nikki has just finished changing Maddison's nappy and has placed her down in the Moses basket, she has placed the dirty nappy in a bag and put it in the ensuite bin and shall empty the bin in the morning.
Nikki climbs into bed and places her phone on the bedside table before pulling the covers over her legs. Jack has still not returned by she knows exactly where he is thanks to; find my friend, on iPhone, for the past three hours Jack has been at his local pub probably with his dad drinking and watching football while putting the world to rights and probably putting Nikki to right too.

She lies down and reaches over Jack's side of the bed and turns the lamp out before settling down to try and get as much sleep as possible before Maddison has her up for her night feed.

Around half an hour later Jack comes back home and heads upstairs, he walks into the bedroom and turns the main light on and starts getting undressed completely unaware that Nikki is awake lying with her back to him.

He sits down on the bed for a moment which Nikki puts down to him taking his socks off, She listens closely as he stands up and makes his way around to her side of the bed and where Maddison is lying in her Moses basket.
"Don't ... wake her!" Nikki says with her one eye open.

Jack looks down at her and then back at Maddison, "Oh so you are awake?" Jack replies but Nikki completely ignores Jack and rolls over onto her other side. "Come on Nik, how long are you gonna keep this up for?" He asks.

"Don't call me Nik," She huffs and then completely ignores him.
"Jesus someone is on their period," He smirks how just stood in his boxers.

Nikki rolls over and glares at him, "Don't even get in this bed!" She replies angrily.
"What, don't be silly" He smirks and Nikki stares him out.
"Go on try me..." She grits her teeth and Jack suddenly backs down.
"On second thoughts... I'm going to sleep on the sofa" Jack replies and heads downstairs.

Nikki peers over at Maddison who is still asleep and then lies down and reaches over to turn the lamp out before settling down for the night.

Around an hour later she feels someone clamber onto the bed and wake her, she then feels a gentle tap on her shoulder so she opens her eyes and looks up to see a small silhouette looking down at her, "What is wrong baby?" Nikki mumbles tiredly.

"Mummy, I have bellyache" Poppy mumbles.
Nikki sits up and turns her lamp on and looks at Poppy who does seem pale in her face, "Do you want some Calpol?" She questions and Poppy nods. Nikki then clambers out of bed and heads over to her dressing table and looks for the bottle of Calpol for Poppy's age range as recently she has gained one for Maddison who has been showing cold-like symptoms.

She comes back over to the bed where Poppy has made herself comfortable in Jack's side of the bed and looks at Nikki. Nikki kneels on the bed and opens the Calpol. Nikki pours the Calpol onto the small spoon and brings it to Poppy's mouth, she happily takes it and then lies down and looks up at her Mum.

Nikki puts the Calpol on the bedside table before climbing into bed with Poppy and cuddling up to her as she turns the lamp back out. "If you're going to be sick Pops, go to the toilet... Mummy doesn't want to change her bedsheets" Nikki replies before closing her eyes and kissing Poppy's cheek.