Secrets

Jack was, in fact, right about Nikki being moved to a general ward, later that day she got moved onto an all-female general ward. Although the ward rules are different on this ward and children under four years of age aren't allowed on the ward so Jack has gone to settle an agreement with the ward sister to let Jack bring both Poppy and Maddison on to the ward to see Nikki for an hour or two during visiting hours. 

"Right, I will see you soon. I will bring you some pyjamas, underwear, dressing gown, washbag and your phone with charger" Jack speaks as he leans over Nikki and kisses her forehead. 

Nikki nods and smiles, "And my laptop..." She speaks.
"No, no laptop, you're banned from work, orders from Thomas!" Jack speaks and then kisses her on the lips longer, he closes his eyes and so does Nikki sat they remain like this for a while before they pull away. She grabs his hand as he goes to walk away but he smiles warmly at her and then lets her hand go before heading off. 

Jack collects Maddison first from his Dad's house and then heads to the school and collects Poppy from the after school club, first of he takes Poppy to McDonald's and treats her to something nice for dinner. He sits there watching Poppy eat her McDonald's happily with not a care in the world, "Daddy? Did Mummy like my drawing?" Poppy smiles as she takes a chip and eats it. 

"Of course she did sweetie, she said it was the best drawing ever" He smiles proudly and Poppy grins cheekily. 
Poppy looks down and grabs her bottle of orange juice as she sips the liquid through the straw, "Mummy doesn't let me have McDonald's she said they are bad..." Poppy replies as she sneaks one of Jack's chips.
"Hey, you! Greedy monkey... well this can be our wee secret" Jack replies and Poppy nods with a smile, as she smiles Jack looks at Poppy and catches a glimpse of Nikki in Poppy.  

Poppy finishes her chicken nuggets and sits there for a while before Jack brings her ice cream for her, He sits watching her scoop the ice cream into her mouth happily and some dripping down the front of her school uniform. He then glances at Maddison who is fast asleep in her carry car seat beside him. "Pops?" Jack speaks and his daughter looks up at him. "Do you know why Mummy has poorly?" He asks as he realises she may have picked up on conversations between himself and others. She shakes her head and Jack smiles, "You see Pops, Mummy had an accident, but she is fine... we're going to see her now, but it's a secret she doesn't know. But you need to be on your best behaviour and we must use gentle hands with Mummy okay?" Jack speaks. 

She giggles and nods before looking at her hands and mumbling "Be gentle." Jack chuckles to himself and rolls his eyes, he has no idea where this quirky side of Poppy has come from but he loves it. 
They finish their McDonald's and then he takes the girls back to the car and secures them both in. Once secured in he heads to the hospital.