Chapter 13: Blood-Spiders

Ritsuka and Vin also felt the dangerous situation. Ritsuka hurriedly grabbed a man near her,
"Sir, I need you to take the others outside the village!"

"What are you crazy!? Those are Blood Spiders! You need to get away as well!"

BAM!

All of a sudden, a Blood Spider crashes upon the man's house!

CREEEE!

The spider shrieks as it bare its sharp legs and blood red eyes...!

"A-Ahhhhh!" The man screams, but then he heard the sound of something getting cut.

He opens his eyes...to see a beautiful person standing before him and Ritsuka.
"Listen to her, and get out of here!" Vin shouted,

"Y-Yes!" The man hurriedly ran off as he shouted to the other villagers to follow him to outside the village,

Ritsuka however, was still a little shocked....!

It wasn't because Vin was able to kill the spider, but what he 'used' is what amazed her!
He had actually summon multiple chains to cut the monster into pieces!

Chains!

Is this really pure...coincidence!? A living doll with a mind of its own and summons chains as its weapon! Is this another "Enkidu"!?

"Ritsuka, you head outside as well!" Vin said, "You're in no condition to fight!"

"Huh?" Ritsuka was brought back to reality by his words,
"Sorry, Vin...But I've faced a lot of dangerous monsters! These spiders are nothing!"

Ritsuka rushes towards the monsters, shocking Vin!
"Wait! Their shells are—!"

But before Vin could finish, Ritsuka was deflected back because of the spider's hard shell. Even she can feel the vibration through her arms.
"What the—!? Why is the shell so hard!?"

"Get back!" Vin pushed her back and attacked the spiders in front of them with his chains, "Anyway, stay back for now! I'll deal with the rest!"

Vin quickly rushes through the monsters. Leaving Ritsuka behind....

"Darn....is this how I'm gonna end up like...?" Ritsuka grumbled...

With just only one arm...will she keep on staying behind like always...?

Just then—

"Ritsuka!" Leonard's voice sounded behind her,

"Leonard! What about the other villagers?" Ritsuka asked,

"Don't worry, they're all outside the village....what about that...person?" Leonard asked,

"Vin...he went on ahead...it looks like my sword couldn't pierce the spiders shells...well that's to be expected maybe...I'm just going to burden people down with how I am...," Ritsuka unconsciously held her amputated arm,

She didn't see the hurtful look on Leonard's face, but he suddenly patted her head.
"Don't worry, I have the things you needed," Leonard said,

He hurriedly went inside his workshop, and in his hands....are two items that caused Ritsuka's face to both turn surprised and excited!
.
.
.
Vin was in the middle of attacking and killing the spiders, but no matter how many times he killed the spiders...they all didn't decrease in number...!