CHAPTER TEN

QUICK NOTE:  Leaving town tomorrow for short trip.  Decided to update another chapter tonight.  Please overlook any mistakes.  Thank you for reading and comments.  This cliff hanger of a chapter, does have a surprise and I think all of you will like the results.  Will update again ASAP.

The next evening, Can took Sanem out to a fancy restaurant.    At first Sanem was uncomfortable, but Can made her laugh and she got over it in a hurry.  They were so comfortable with each other, that as long as they were together, it didn't matter where they were.

As they were eating, an older couple came over to their table.   Sanem jumped up and said "Professor Yaman, how are you?"   The Professor introduced Sanem as his favorite student, to his wife.   Sanem introduced Can as her fiancé.   After congratulations and blessings, Can invited them to join he and Sanem.

The Yaman's had already eaten, but did sit down to visit.    The Professor started asking Sanem why she did not participate in the graduation ceremonies?

She explained, "The Malhalla I am from, does not approve of girls getting a higher education."

Professor Yaman said, "You had the highest grade point average of everyone in your class, and I was sad you were not recognized."

Sanem replied, "It really was okay.    I would rather be able to continue with my education.    If I had gotten attention, I might not be able to work on my Master's Degree in Natural Enviromental Science Related to Birds.    I have finished my thesis and just turned it in, to the board.   I do my Oral Exam, next week."

Can said, "Sanem, you didn't tell me about your exam next week, shouldn't you be off work for a few days?"

She replied, "No, if I had time off, I might think to much and get nervous.     I will just leave a little early on Wednesday, if okay."     Can said, "Of course, I will drive you and pick you up."

The Professor said, "So good to hear young people supporting each other.     We will excuse ourselves, because as we get older, it is harder to stay out late."    Sanem and Can laughed with them, and ask them to please come to their wedding.   After getting the details, the couple left.

Can held Sanem's hand and told her, "Please never hide things from me.   I will support you in whatever you want to do.   I am so proud of you."

Sanem had tears in her eyes, and said, "Thank you, I won't."

As they left holding hands, they passed by Ceyda and her date sitting at a table. She saw how happy Can and Sanem looked, and knew she had never had a chance.

As they went to Can's truck, they decided to take a walk by the water.  As they stopped to look at the stars, holding hands, Sanem said "The sky is beautiful tonight."   Can looking at Sanem said, "Beautiful!"

She turned to look at him and laughing said, "You're not looking." He said,

"I am looking at the most beautiful person ever, inside and out."

She turned and put her arms around his neck and said, 'I love you, and you make me so very happy."   He became teary eyed, as this was the first time, she had said, 'I love you', to him.   He said, "I love you and you make me so very happy."      At that they kissed for the first time, and it was perfect.   Their love made the stars shine brighter, and their kiss that much better.

Now neither one of them could wait till their wedding day.

The next few weeks flew by, preparing for the wedding, Sanem doing her Oral Exams for her Master's degree, and preparing their home.   Most of the renovations were completed. Sanem loved the home like it was, so only some updating was done to the kitchen, bathrooms and some painting.   The gardens were being cleared out and Sanem was planting all different types of flowers to make her creams.