Chapter 10

*Adri's pov*

A couple weeks have passed since that night...we were now in full swing getting ready for Wrestlemania...I found out earlier today I would be introducing Trish Stratus at the Hall of Fame ceremony and I was so excited about it..tonight was RAW and it was the first time one of the guys were in a solo match..Seth was taking on Big Show....I sat in the locker room beside Roman as I watched Seth pace and Dean tape his hands.."Seth sit down you're making me nervous..."

Seth grumbled "It's the Big Show Adri..."

I nodded "You got this.."

Roman spoke "She's right man everything is gonna be fine."

I stood up and put my hands on Seth's shoulders. "You're my dearest friends..one of the best wrestlers I've ever see....you got this tonight."

Seth smiled "Thanks Speed."

I smiled "Now go kick ass.."

He grinned and walked out with Roman

Dean stopped in front of me "Stay back here tonight...please."

I nodded "Okay."

He nodded "Love you."

I smiled "Love you too."

Dean gave me a quick kiss and left

I smiled to myself and got comfortable...I sat watching the match when my phone rang "Hi mom."

"Hi baby."

I raised an eyebrow at the sound of her voice "Momma are you okay it sounds like you've crying?"

"Because I have been."

I grew even more concerned "What's going on?"

"Are you sitting?"

I sighed "Yes...Momma you're scaring me what's going on?"

"It's your step-dad...honey he was diagnosed with lung cancer...stage 4."

I felt my stomach hit my feet and my heart break in two...Dave...my step-dad was amazing he never tried to take my dad's place in my life but we were close..he was there for the stuff my dad couldn't be...I bit my lip fighting the tears "What are they going to do?"

"Chemo, radiation see what helps...they're not every hopeful honey it's not looking good."

I took a deep shakey breath "How are you Momma?"

"Heartbroken...but I have to be brave for Dave....he wanted me to make sure you knew."

I sighed "I'm coming home."

"No you won't..he won't allow it...you have a job to do...you have a wedding to finish up planning "

I sighed "I'm off till Sunday then I have to fly out again but I am coming home tomorrow..despite what his kids think he's my father too...he's raised me...don't argue me on this mom...I will be there tomorrow"

"Okay I'll set up the guest room for you...I wish this was on better terms...Dave will be delighted to see you."

I was fighting the tears hard "I love you mom...tell Dave I love him too."

"I love you too honey...I'll tell him..see you tomorrow."

I sighed "Bye momma."

"Bye."

I hung up and put my head in my hands...I then broke down crying..

"Adri what happened?"

I looked up meeting the concerned eyes of the guys..the match was over..."My mom just called"