Chapter 16: Hospital

Marinette's eyes fluttered open. She instantly felt cold and pulled up the bed sheets to her chest. It was then she realised that she was wearing a hospital gown. The hospital gown was all white with a small black patterns. What am I doing in a hospital? Rubbing her eyes, she sat up on the hospital bed and started to look around.

The room she was in was quite big. There were many windows that led natural light in and a brown chair for visitors. Beside the bed was a small table where she found her phone. There was also a clear glass door a few feet away from her seemed to be an automatic door and there were many machines surrounding her bed. She had no idea what any of them did except for one which she assumed was for measuring her heart rate. Running a hand through her dark hair she realised her hair was no longer in ponytails. Sighing, she leaned back onto the bed frame behind her. She had so many questions that she wanted answers to like: "Why was she here" and "How long she has been in the hospital", but she was still a little tired.

(A/N: So this is basically how the room looks like👇)

Suddenly, Marinette heard the door open and she sat up again

"Marinette! You're finally awake!" Alya exclaimed, enveloping her best friend a tight embrace.

"Alya," Marinette breathed, hugging her best friend back, "Is it just you or are there others?"

Alya shook her head, "It's just me now. Ever since you checked into the hospital, Adrien had never left your side-well except to go to school if course. He was always here when I visited. Sometimes when I visited really early on weekends, I would see him sleeping there," Alya pointed to the brown chair a few feet from her. The chair looked comfy for visiting. But not very comfy for sleeping on.

"And just a few minutes ago, Adrien came out and told me you were waking up. Then, for the first time in like, forever, he left."

"He...left," Marinette slowly repeated, her head dropping down a little, "Did he say why?"

Alya shook her head again, "He just left. I wanted to go after him but I was worried for you. You were unconscious for a really long time Marinette."

"H-how long?"

"2 weeks and 4 days."

"2 WEEKS?!"

Alya nodded, "Mhm. And 4 days."

"Dear god..." Marinette muttered, slumping her back into the bed.

Alya and Marinette stayed in that room for a long time talking and laughing. Alya told Marinette everything that happened at school while she was at the hospital. Alya told her all about the time when Chloe 'roasted' Lila when she tried to insult and lie about Marinette in front of everyone in the class.

(So I am just gonna tell you why happened between Lila and Chloe.... Let's show the flashback! 😂😁)

After class, Lila stopped everyone from leaving and went to the front of the class,"Before all of you leave, I have something to say. Marinette is not who you think she is. She is a bully. She took a necklace that was very special to me and once even tried to push me down the stairs. I'm not telling you all this so you wouldn't vote for Marinette as the Queen of the dance. I just want all of you to know the truth. I have been keeping my mouth shut for long enough and-"

Suddenly someone yawned. Lila turned her head towards the sound and the students in the class moved to the side-just like when Moses parted the Red Sea- and Chloe was in the middle, scrolling through instagram on her phone. Chloe looked up from her phone and saw the entire class staring at her. Chloe rolled her eyes and turned to Lila-who looked as if she was gonna kill Chloe.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Chloe pretended to be sorry, "I always yawn when I'm interested. Do carry on Lie-la," Chloe stated sarcastically, emphasising on the word 'always'. Then, she went back to her phone.

Lila rolled her eyes at Chloe and continued, "She only acts nice in front of all of you but she lies all the time. I know a lot of you made Marinette a nominee for Queen but do you seriously want a liar to be the Queen of the dance?"

Adrien opened his mouth to say something but Chloe beat him to it.

"Okay I have to stop you right there. Marinette is not a liar. You are. You blackmailed Marinette and she became akumatized because of that. If there is anyone besides me who deserves to be Queen at the dance, it's Marinette. She is nice to everyone and I mean everyone. You on the other hand is a two-faced liar. I mean like if your going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty. Just look at yourself. Who wears their hair like that. It is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous! And don't even get me started on your clothes, they are a complete mess, honey. I am actually surprised that when you look in the mirror, your reflection doesn't run away screaming," Chloe stated when she was interrupted by a notification on her phone after checking it, she spoke again, "I would love to stay and chat but I have a manicure in 15 minutes soooo, au revoir tout le monde!"

(A/N: If I am not wrong that means "Goodbye everybody!" I think. I barely know French 😂😁. End of flashback)

"Wait Chloe actually said that?" Marinette asked in utter disbelief, laughing like a mad man.

"I know right! Ever since she found out you were Ladybug, she has been protective of you. Just last week she also told Lila off when she tried to tell Adrien that she is best friends with Ladybug," Alya explained to her, "Adrien also told us what actually happened. About Lila blackmailing you and all that stuff. I can't believe she would do that," Alya's gaze fell to the ground, "So I guess you were right the whole time."

"Aaand that's my new ringtone," Marinette chuckled pulling out her phone and stopping the recording. Alya shook her head as she laughed along with her best friend. Then after a while, Marinette stopped laughing and went silent.

"Is something wrong?" Alya asked her, noticing her best friend's sudden distress.

"Just now you mentioned something about me being a nominee?" Marinette asked Alya who nodded, "Nominee for what?"

"You are one of the nominees for Queen on the school dance this Friday. Lila and Chloe are running against you," Alya explained, "But after what Chloe said, I think no one will vote for Lila now." Alya chuckled.

A few moments later, a man walked in. He looked like he was in his mid-30s. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes. Alya moved aside as they went to Marinette.

"Ms Dupain-Cheng, I am Dr Duval," the man greeted her, "I am going to give you a thorough checkup just to make sure you are okay and if everything goes smoothly, you can be discharged from the hospital in a few hours."

Marinette nodded and a woman walked in. She had platinum blonde hair which was tied up in a neat bun and fair skin. Like really fair. Her skin was so fair it almost looked white. If she was lying down, one might just assume she was dead.

"This is Dr Alice," Dr Duval introduced, "She will be helping me."

The woman gave a warm smile and nodded before wearing her gloves and surgical mask. Alya went out for a moment when her phone rang, leaving Marinette to her own thoughts as the two doctors performed the checkup on her. Marinette heaved a sigh and looked outside the window. A huge thunderstorm was raging outside and the wind was blowing in all directions. She, herself, felt unsettled and a whirlwind of emotions and thoughts flooded her head. She felt a little nauseous just thinking about what would happen tomorrow at school. She had no idea if Adrien had forgiven her. Whether he still loved her. After all, she killed his father-the last bit of family he had left. Despite the overwhelming guilt she felt, she knew her mistakes in the past cannot be erased and the only thing she could do now was to have hope that everything would be alright.

A/N: Sooo that's all for Chapter 16. I know this chapter was quite boring but the next chapter is better. If I planned my story correctly, there would be about 2 or 3 chapters left after this one. I will also be doing a bonus chapter after that. But... It will be in Lila's perspective. But let me tell you, that bonus chapter will not disappoint –I hope. So stay connected for that and I hope you guys have a Miraculous day ahead 😊.

Remember to vote guys XD