𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

"Thank you... Hosuh for that. I appreciate it." I say once Stephen leaves. I love my cousin and appreciate him... but he's immature.

"I- you're welcome." He blushes.

"I assume you... were told of my disease? It's probably gone now that I have a different not infected heart." I look at my lap and twittle my thumbs.

"Yeah. I do... and... I... never mind..." Hosuh awkwardly shifts his weight.

"It's fine you can say anything... since everything is out of the table now." I shake my head slowly.

"I.... love you." He says slowly. I feel a tightness in my entire body leave and a warm feeling fill my heart where the pain always was.

"I love you too... but... I can't just get over ruby so fast.... they'll want me to but just give me time." I feel half my mouth turn upwards an a lazy smile.

"I've loved you for five years. I can wait until you are ready." Hosuh laughs.

"Why didn't you just tell me? I wouldn't have lost ruby... if you did you know...." I ask after a comfortable silence that fell upon us turns awkward.

"I saw a picture of you and ruby and Sapphire on your phone and you looked so happy together... and I didn't want to ruin your happiness. I mean if I knew you liked me it would seem like the next step to date... and I didn't want to make our friendship awkward." He explains with a content smile.

"Right... and that's the reason I didn't confess first." I rub the back of my neck.

"I should get going but I'll see you soon. I love you (y/n)." He kisses my forehead before leaving the room.