Chapter Thirty

'At times things are seen brighter and clearly in the dark. Don't be scared of the dark days in your life ,cause it's when you may see things brightly.'that's how the text ended.

Why did she send me that text? What darkness is she talking about? Who said my life is dark?. Needing all this questions answered, I called her.

"Couldn't you just apologize like a normal human being face to face? "I ask when she recieves the call.

"Honey I am ashamed of myself to even face you and I just feel all the -"

"What a great thing to discover now. "I cut her rudely.

"Amanda come on please I need your forgiveness I know I have not been the best m-"

"Stop right there, the minute you will have the guts to come and face me that is when I will consider your apology. Am busy now. Bye Mother "I say the last part with venom and end the call.

I had received a text  earlier while in class and seeing the sender, I left it for later. Right now I'm around the football field. I feel confused, why didn't my own mother come and face me and apologize instead she sends me a freaking 200 words apology via text. As much as I want to hate her and dad I just can't find myself doing it. I expected my parents to apologize but not this soon. We were back from the camping a week ago.

"Amanda are you okay? " a familiar voice asks me.

"What are you doing here Kane.? "I ask him.

"I came looking for you since you said you'd be back like ten minutes ago. "He says. I lift up my face only to meet his eyes. "You've been crying. "He says noticing my red eyes .

I shake my head and look away from him. "Carrie,look at me. "As much as I don't want to I have no other choice, I look at him. "Dont cry am here for you my flower. "He's been calling me flower for the past couple of days and he gives me no explanation as to why. I smile at him and thank him before leaning on his chest.

After I tell him of what transpired, he comforts me and keeps on saying on how she will soon come around.

***
It's been a couple of days since the text from mum. I somehow hopped that she will come around but nothing. I lost all the hope I had of her face to face apology. As we were walking towards the cafeteria, the school intercom stopped us.

"Can Carrie and Karina Andersen come to the principals office now. "It stated for almost three times before it stopped.

My friends looked at us questionly to which we only shrugged.

"I'll see you guys later on , let's see what the principal is calling us for "I say following Karina. As we arrive , we find both Kim and Koll there. We all walk to the principals office together.

"Glad you all could be here Andersen's "He says "Have a seat "What he says next is what shocks us the most.

"Your mother has been involved in a bad road accident!" he says a look of pity on his face .

"What !"me and Karina shout at the same time

"When! "Kim also asks.

"Fuck! "Koll shouts.

"Calm down kids, it happened two hours ago . She's currently at one of your city hospitals. I was also informed by your dad like twenty minutes ago. He says looking sad "I'm sorry guys but I hope everything will be okay "

All I feel is regret as I rush towards the exit. I silently say to myself.

"I hope you are okay mum. "