Chapter Thirty One

As we walk into the hospital, we find a distressed dad in the waiting room. He eyes us nervously. He's about to say something when a nurse clears her throat.

"Carrie Andersen? She's asking for you please come with me. "

As I follow her I get nervous on how am gonna face mom when my last words to her were said with pure rage. She seems delicate as I look at her. She is in so much pain.

"I'm sorry mom I never meant it. "is the first thing I say as soon as she looks at me. She smiles at me weakly.

"I'm the one who is supposed to apologize honey. Instead here I am in my death bed asking for your forgiveness which I should've done a long time ago "she says regretfully as tears stream down her face. Wait did she just say her deathbed?

"Wait a minute there mom. This isn't your death bed please" I say sadly to her "I need you mom, we all need you "

"I'm sorry Amanda but I don't know if I can make it am in so much pain. Please forgive me before I die. "

"Hold your tongue there woman, you are not going to die, look at me mom, recover for me please, for Andrea ."I say not being able to control the tears flowing down my face.

"Am sorry honey I wish I could compesante the time I missed in your life, I wish I coul-.. "

"Enough stop there, first of all I forgive you, secondly stop wishing ,recover and do as you're told please mom. We are gonna have so much to talk about once you're well see you later mom. "I say kissing her forehead and walking out.

I ignore all the questions my family throw at me as I run out of the hospital, I run as if I'm running away from everything since I don't know where I'm going. I run remembering how much I never got to spend time with her and she's already leaving me. I run remembering how much I'm never going to have a mother in my life again. I run because I saw her giving up on me already. I run for saying hurtful words towards her. I run for my sorrowful heart. I run for the pain I'm feeling. I run to nowhere .

I find myself in the park that is cause my feet are killing me already and also they brought me here. My phone keeps on ringing as I ignore it and just cry my heart out.

"Mandie why are you crying ?"a little sweet farmiliar voice asks besides me.

"It's nothing Charlie "I say to Kane's sister who isn't  convinced with my answer even a little bit.

"Kane says when someone cry's they are sad. Are you sad Flower. "She asks using her nickname for me. I nod at her knowing she won't ask any questions.

"He also said if someone is sad you should give them a hug come here "she sweetly says coming in for a hug making me smile a bit.

"Whom did you come with here princess? "

"Sophie "she says still hugging me.

"She must be worried about you now, let's go find her "

"No need to, are you okay Flower?"

"Kane what are you doing here? "I ask knowing so well he wasn't here with Charlie. He nervously ruffles his hair and smiles weakly.

"I followed you after you ran out of the hospital "

"I didn't know you were there "

"You never looked dummy. "he says pulling me into a hug. That's when the Niagara Falls start again. I don't know when I became a sucker of affection.

"I'm scared Kane, what if she decides to give up on me, like she did, what if she decides that she can't hold on for me. What if she sees as a pass-...."I'm shut up by a kiss that conveys the message of love and passion.

"Listen to me Amanda, she isn't going to give up on you again because she loves you. "He says looking at me with so much passion. The love I have for him is so indescribable

"I love you Kane. "

"I love you too dummy "He says kissing me again.