Putting Out a Fire

"I wish to be myself again," Sofia says landing at the stables.

She walks into the stables where she hears an animal in distress.

"Oh no, she's coming," one horse says.

"I will try to get the stable boy's attention," another horse says before they whinny.

"Electra, what is going on?" Sofia asks walking up to the horse who helped her and Hugo win the Flying Derby cup.

"One of the horses is about to give birth and the stable boy went out to get more hay from the supply barn."

"I will go get help," Sofia says running out of the barn.

"Hey Sofia, aren't you supposed to be with Hugo?" Axel says when Sofia runs past him.

"Yes, but there is a fire in the woods that needs to be put out and I was going to get water when I heard a horse neigh in pain, she is giving birth and the stable boy is getting hay so nobody is there to help the horse," Sofia explains.

"I will go get a stable boy, you go back to the stables and get that water," Axel says in an urgent tone.

"Thank you Axel," Sofia says as she runs back towards the stables.

"Sofia, is that you?" Electra asks.

"Yes, Axel went to get a stable boy but you need to help me with getting water to the woods," Sofia responds.

"You've got it," Electra says as she guides Sofia to the wall where all the buckets are hanging.

"These are perfect," Sofia says grabbing a few.

"Oh, this hurts so bad," the pregnant horse yells.

"Don't worry Velvet, someone is on their way," Electra says.

"Okay, we might need more help," Sofia says looking at how many buckets she just filled up.

"Hey Sofia, so where is the horse?" Axel asks as he and a stable boy walk into the stable.

"She's over in the last stall," Sofia says.

"Do you need help Sofia?" Axel asks as the stable boy assists Velvet.

"That would be great, we need to get these buckets of water to the woods as fast as we can."

"Saddle up Electra and I will get Eclipse," Axel says as he gives Sofia a saddle with four pockets on it.

"Okay," Sofia says taking the saddle and putting it on Electra.

"Well looks like we are having to go really fast, faster than the Flying Derby," Electra says.

"How fast is Eclipse?"

"Faster than me and he helped Royal Prep win the Flying Derby cup 3 years in a row," Electra says.

"Great we need the fastest horses we can get," Sofia says as she struggles to lift one of the buckets of water.

"Do you need help Sofia?" Axel says bringing Eclipse over.

"Yes please," Sofia says grateful.

"So just out of curiosity what is this important thing that you need Hugo for?" Axel asks as he puts the buckets into the saddles.

"I see potential in him to help with a special group, but please keep it a secret the group is not a competition."

"Then why are you having him do these things?" Axel says bending down so Sofia can use his hand as a step for her to get on Electra.