All Wrong

✨Benji✨

Hearing the commotion from my alarm clock, disturbing my peaceful slumber, I quickly turned it off. I really didn't want to go to school today. I felt super nauseous, and my head was pounding. But at least there would be one good thing to look forward to.. seeing Jorge.

After finally managing to drag myself out of my bed, I got some clothes on, getting ready for the day. I was at a loss for appetite, so I just left.

I showed up at school after 1st period. I hadn't done my homework for that class anyways. The moment I walked through the doors, it seemed like everyone was watching me. I knew it wasn't cause I was suddenly showing up, it wasn't like this was unusual for me. I've always been popular, so people always looked at me but not like this. Everyone looked smug or.. apologetic? I couldn't tell. I just tried to ignore the glares I was receiving and go to find Jorge, thinking maybe we could just skip together. As I felt a migraine coming on I hurried my way to Jorges locker, knowing that the smell of sweaty teenagers, girls perfume, and cologne wouldn't help my imminent nausea.

I caught a glimpse of Jorges pink curls. I tried to make my way through people but Jorge took one look at me, and bolted in the opposite direction. I knew he had seen me. Was something wrong? Worry began swarming my thoughts as I tried to get to him, but the bell rang and I lost sight of him. I gave up and went to class, knowing that I wouldn't be able to locate him now. At least it was study hall.

I sat down and decided to text him, and hopefully get a hint at what seemed to be going on.
________________________________
𝗛𝗲𝘆𝘆 𝗝𝗲𝘆𝗷𝗲𝘆. 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆? 𝗜
𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻𝘁 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸
𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗱 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗻
𝗲𝗱𝗴𝗲?
𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘵 9:27
________________________________

He left me on read? That was really unlike him. I put in my AirPods and tried to calm myself down. At this point I might just have an actual panic attack. It's not like that hadn't happened before.

The class finally ended after a prolonged hour that had felt like a lifetime. I immediately got up and was successfully the first one out the door. I needed to find Jeyjey. I went to a hallway near his locker. I knew where he would be coming from, so I stayed out of his line of vision. I needed to talk to him, and couldn't risk him running away from me again.

          There he was. As soon as I saw him, I made my way over, trying not to make myself known. I was practically tripping over my own feet, I was so nervous.

          "Jeyjey.." he turned around to me and tried to walk past me, but I put my arm around him firmly, attempting to show him I cared.

          "What." he said, barely above a whisper, as he kept his head bowed down at the ground, avoiding eye contact for as long as he could.

          "I just-" I paused. "Please Jeyjey, what's wrong? You can tell me." he took a shaky breath and stared blankly at his shoes.

          "It doesn't matter Benji. I-" I interrupted him, "Yes it does. I can't live without you, please just tell me. I don't mean to be pushy, but something is really bothering you, I can tell. I know you well"

          "Ugh if you really wanna know then fine! Addy showed me what you said.." he sneered. My ex? Why would she be talking to Jorge anyways?

          "What are you talking about? What did I say?" He proceeded to pull out his phone and show me a screenshot of texts that were supposedly between me and Addy, from Addys phone.

(Screenshot ⤵️)
________________________________
                                             𝗘𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲
                                             𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗝𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲. 𝗜 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻
                                             𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗯𝗶𝗻'𝘀
                                             𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝗲𝗲 🤮
                                             👀.
𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵 𝗶 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁𝘀
𝗻𝗮𝘀𝘁𝘆𝘆𝘆. 𝗛𝗲'𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗴𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗴
𝘁𝗯𝗵𝗵.
                                             𝗕𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗳𝗮𝗴
                                             𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗴 👀👀.
________________________________
(Screenshot over)

          Oh my god. What has she done??

          "Jorge, I would never say that about you ever. I promise. She faked that! That's not even how I text!" I could see the tears in his eyes, and I felt mine burn as well. At this point half the students who had been in the hall were now swarming is, watching as Jorges eyes welled up in tears, and as I tried to calm him down.

          I reached out my arm, attempting to hug him, but he pushed me away. More and more tears streaming down his delicate face. He was so sensitive, and it was killing me to see him like this.

          "Don't touch me!"

          "Jorge please, I love you more than anything. I have for as long as I've known you. And I hate seeing you like this. Just let me-" he was quick to cut me off.

          "No!"he squeezed his eyes shut and lost the last bit of control over his feelings that he seemed to have left. He ran down the hallway to the door, and without looking back, he left. Everyone was staring at me, including, the person who made the mess.

          "You bitch! I fucking hate you! Fuck this. Fuck you!" I roared at her. She seemed so unfazed. Yelling at her was making my migraine 10 times worse, but I didn't care. She was the one who caused all this pain, especially to Jorge. "Fucking cunt" I said as I walked down the hall, feeling my eyes again begin to burn with tears, while I rubbed my head, wincing at the headache that now felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing me.

(Time skip)

          I walked into the bathroom of my house. I had left the school after yelling at Addy, knowing that I wouldn't make it through the rest of the day. I looked horrible. My sight was still blurry as I looked at myself, and the look of myself made even more tears stream down my already wet face. I tried to dry my face but the tears kept coming, and it felt like they would never stop.

          How was I supposed to help Jorge when I'm like this? Fucking Addy. This is all her fault. Everything had just been going all too well. Then it finally occurred to me.. Addy was the one who texted me yesterday. That fucking prick.

          I lay down on my bed. I didn't want to feel better. I wanted to wallow in self pity, because without Jorge, nothing was right, and nothing would be okay again until this was fixed. God. How did I let this happen? No wonder. My thoughts were all over the place. Trying to keep focused was like trying to control melting butter on a frying pan.

          I lay there in bed, head pounding, breathing heavy, and a river of silent tears still falling down my face, making my pillow a pool of my agony.

————————————————————————
Ahhh - I'm sorry. I'm publishing this at 1 am and I will be posting another chapter tomorrow. Thank you smm for 900 reads! Ilyyy babes byee 😙✌️💖
Word count: 1202