Getaway

Chapter 32

P.O.V Harley

Damiar wrapped his arm around me. We dropped to the floor as the room door swung open.

"Oh Harley" a voiced echoed in the room.

I didn't get a chance to look at the face it came from. As Damiar pulled me by my arm to the kitchen, Caleb followed us holding a chair as armoury.

Damiar held me by the arms, and looked me dead in the eyes "I'm gonna kick out the window!" He shouted "and you gotta climb through it" I nodded and he climbed on the bench, he forcefully kicked the window.

It didn't break.

Caleb was pushing back men.

The sound of glass breaking made me snap my head back to Damiar who brushed the edges of the window.

He jumped back down from the bench.

"Go Harley!" Damiar shouted.

Caleb struggled beside me, I knew I had no time to lose, I climbed up the bench. I pushed myself though the window, I had to swing my legs around in front of me, so I didn't fall on my face.

I jumped from the window and landed fine. A gun fired from inside the house. I jumped at the loud sound.

"Damiar.......Caleb!!" I shouted. As Damiar crawled from the window, I went over to help him, Caleb followed him.

I sighed, in relief.

Caleb was helped by Damiar, he feet soon hit the ground.

"This isn't over" Damiar mumble. We moved from the window to around a corner. We all had our backs against the wall.

"What are we gonna do now....who was that?!" I stuttered out.

"I don't know" Caleb mumble as he was the one who was face to face with them.

"Where is the car?" Damiar asked.

"Around the front" caleb replied.

Damiar shook his head. "We aren't gonna get far without a car, but it's the one place where everyone who is trying to kill us is"

"We can't go on foot either" I added

I felt something grabbed my hand. I looked down, to my hand it was Damiar he had grabbed my hand and was squeezing it gently.

We heard people shuffling around, Caleb peaked his head around the corner.

"It's clear should one of us go get the car and picks up the others" he asked.

I looked back to Damiar he looked unsure. I squeezed his hand.

"It May be our only chance" I whispered to him.

"Who's going?" He asked, but before we knew it, Caleb had disappeared.

Damiar went around me to look around the corner.

"Shit, you better not die" he whisper. He put his back against the wall again. I grabbed his hand.

But then we heard footsteps from around the corner. They were getting louder.

I tightly gripped Damiar's hand. He pulled around the other side of the building. He quickly checked first before pulling us both along, the footsteps stopped,

"There's no one here" we heard a voice from the other side.

Where we just were.

"That was close" I mumbled. We saw Caleb getting in the car. Carefully, and slowly. He shut the door as a man walked by.

Where did all these people come from.

By now there were people everywhere. Everyone was in pairs.

I held my breath as the car started, we heard even from the distance. He pulled out and speeded over to the building. We ran back to where we were originally and waited for him.

Bullets fired rapidly and metallic pings echoed. We heard the car breaks squeak, meaning the car halted. Damiar gripped my hand as we ran to the vehicle.

Caleb opened the backdoor for us as men from every direction came running to us. We leaped in as more bullets fired.

Damiar wrapped his arms around as the car door shut behind us and the car speeded off.

"Yay, we are ninjas" I sarcastically remark groaning softly and rubbing my side.

The car wasn't soft. I looked over to Damiar who was laying on his back his arms over his face the other on his side, he chuckled as he sat up.

"We almost died just then," he smiled "and your making jokes"

"Ok I stop making jokes when you stop laughing" I said.

Caleb started laughing in the front seat. I smiled as Damiar wrapped his arms around me.

We tried to put what just happen out of our minds, I'm guessing and it was working. But a question bogged my mind,

who were they, was it my uncle and his minions?

And how did they find us?

And is Jake safe?

Was it Andrew death, that caused them to find us?

"What did just happen?" I asked, I rested my head on Damiar shoulder. The boys looked at each other.

"We don't know" Caleb mumbled. I shot up and looked out the back window. Damiar looked at me and tilted his head.

"I thought they might be following us" I say shyly.

Damiar opened his arms for me I leaned in to him and his softly kissed my forehead.

"You have ever right to be afraid Harley" he whisper softly in my ear.

"Guys where are we going?" Caleb asked from the front

"Somewhere crowded," Damiar said.

Caleb nodded his head. And looked to be deep in thought now.

Still in Damiar's arms I looked out the window and wondered how long it would be before. I could go home. Or even sleep without fearing for my life, or the lives of those around.

I will kill my uncle, myself I thought to myself as I stared blankly at the trees we passed by.

************************************************

I have put my benkro x reader book up if you want to read it!!!!! I need some ideas

Enjoy!!🖤💚