Holding cells

Chapter 41

P.O.V Damiar

I was tapping the table softly, my rings tapped against the tables making a satisfying click.

It had been a little while since the man had left me, alone. I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

I knew there was someone behind it. I leaned back in my chair. As the door swung open, it was that man again, accompany by a younger looking man to him.

They both looked at me.

The new guy slammed his hand down on the table as the other sat in the chair opposite to me. Like before.

He lifted his hand revealing a picture of Andrew body.

I looked at it then to him. Staying quiet.

"If you killed him why'd you run" he asked.

"My friend need medical attention,"

"Who?" The older one asked. Without letting the information phase him.

"Jake" I said.

"He was in two hospitals one in Texas, where Andrew was murdered. And in Western Australia, where peter was murdered" the older man said.

I stayed quiet.

The younger man looked at a file,

"He was treated for a gunshot and knife wounds, then an infection of wounds"

"I wouldn't know, i never stuck around"  I said looking between both.

The older man slid a piece of paper across the table,
"What's that mean?" He asked

It was my statement, "What is says"

He chuckled, then leaned across the table calmly.

"And why do you expect us to believe you?"

I chuckle and looked off to the side and the ground.

"I don't" I said laughing. "I killed Andrew in self defence. Believe me or not, I don't care. My friends are safe now, that's all that matters"

"What about him?!" The younger one shouted. He pointed to the picture on the table.

"He was a murderer himself, he killed people. Oh my.....he tried to buy his daughter to only sell her again!!" I shouted "and he made sure the whole world felt sorry for him, even when he is dead. He had everyone fooled" I stood up, staring down at the picture of Andrews dead body.

I finally looked to see their faces, as someone else enter the room. It was a woman with short blonde hair, she whispered something to the men, then left. They men looked at each other, then to me, before leaving.

I watched them leave, before sitting back down.

"They didn't take their files" I mumbled to no one in particular.

P.O.V Harley

I had tears streaming down my face. As the interrogator had taken me to a room, without my mother. And therapist.