Boards

Chapter 36

P.O.V Harley

"What now?" I asked standing in the middle of the room. The boys looked at each other then around the room. I rushed over to a window, and tried to open it.

The boys remained still, and looked down, they avoided eye contact with me,

"Why aren't you two helping me find a way out?" I shouted but quietly so no one heard me except the boys.

Damiar looked up, and sighed. He looked over to Caleb, they both stood awkwardly.

"There is no way out Harley" Damiar started. "Not unless we break doors or a windows, we'll never make it, anywhere with being caught, don't you remember that house we were at in the beginning of this," he sighed.

"Then what?!" I said frantically.

I looked over to Caleb, he sat down on the bed in the middle of the room,

He sighed putting his hand in his hands.

"We have to get out of here no matter what it takes!" Caleb mumbled, he sounded determined.

"But how, we would probably get killed!" Damiar shouted taking only one step towards him. I just stood of to the side.

"We are gonna get killed if we don't" I tried to reason with him, Caleb stood up beside me,

"She's right" Caleb said.

Damiar looked angry, and scared.

I knew what he was thinking, it was concern for me, getting hurt.

"He doesn't want me dead" I mutter. Looking up to see Damiar's green eyes staring right back at me.

"He won't...-ugh" Damiar growled, throwing his hands up in defeat. He walked to me, I lowered my, "he won't hesitate, I know that" he said quietly.

"I don't care it's now or never Damiar" I replied looking at his eyes again, the green was lighter than before.

"I don't like this one bit, but what's your plan," he smiled lightly.

Caleb turned around and picked up the mattress and flopped it to the floor. Underneath were wooden boards which Caleb proceeded to rip out the boards and handed one to each of us and a couple extra to the floor.

"Hey watch it man" Damiar said as we both bounced back as Caleb threw the boards at our feet.

Caleb got back up and grabbed a board.

"Ok we need to break the ends to make them sharp" Caleb explained.

"And how do—-," Damiar was cut off by Caleb smashing the window open with a board. An alarm went off through out the house, almost deafening.

My jaw dropped as Caleb moved past us flipping the mattress back on the bed in attempt to make the room look normal, me and Damiar looked at each other.

"What the fuck, Caleb"  Damiar whisper shouted, looking at the window in disbelief.

We all looked at the door as shuffling of shoes were heard, Damiar grabbed my shoulders