Guilty

Chapter 43

P.O.V Harley

I snuggled into Damiar's chest, I was just tired. I was officially at home. Not missing, nor lost.

I was safe.

Finally.

I couldn't help my smile a little as I hid my face into Damiar's chest some more. I didn't care about the trial as much now.

But then it hit me. School.

Oh shit my birthday.

My anxiety went up again.

I'd be turning eighteen soon.

I lifted my head from its place looking in to Damiar's green eyes. He smiled. I smiled back.

"I just remember it's my birthday soon" I said softly.

"Yeah your......eighteenth right" he said back.

My mouth dropped "how'd you know?" I asked confused like.

"I know a lot about you Harley, your un......umm,"

I sighed looking down, "I guess that's not going away is it?" I shuddered at the thought of my uncle.

Him being the reason we were together now.

"I don't regret it, you know, none of it. It was horrible, yes. But we are here now, all of us, because of it" Damiar sat up on the bed a little, bit, his arm still wrapped around me.

I nodded, "I know" I smiled.

I knew we had a long road ahead of us.

Time skip- the trial day

P.O.V Damiar

I woke up, it was our trial date. I shot up. In the same bed with Harley. She looked peaceful, but today was important for us.

"Harley" I nudge her arm a little, as she stirred, I whispered her name again. "Harley" I whispered again.

Her eyes open then closed, but opened again.

"Good morning baby," I said smiling. Her face had a small glance of a smile, before sitting up fully.

"Good morning dam," she reach over and hugged me.

"We should get ready, shouldn't we?" I looked at her eyes.

"Yea" she said while nodding.

We got up, as someone knocked at the door.

"Come In" Harley shouted.

The door open, it was her mum,

"Guys I have some food set out, and Dam, we got a suit for you" he shot both of us a smile before closing the door again.

"Let's go" Harley smiled, moving towards the door.

"Wait" I said grabbing her hand. She stopped and looked back to me. "I want a kiss" I smiled

Her concerned face disappeared as she giggled softly "really," she mumbled.

I nodded, as she brought her lips to mine. It was brief, but that was all I needed as we went out and sat with everybody else. And ate our breakfast. Caleb had nodded softly at me as I entered the room.

Time skip- at the court house

We finally arrived at the court house. I was scared but confident, I just hoped Harley was too. The suit was a perfect fit on me, it was a dark blue jacket with a black shirt underneath, with matching pants and black and dark blue striped tie.