Chapter 7: First Confusion

A/N: I’d like to thank the following who showed appreciation for my story since day one--bxbydolphin, The-Pink_Quill, abscissa_x, ravenclayw, HamunKang, khrsnm, TheHiddenCorner,  and doc_2094. Thanks a lot, guys! You all keep me motivated to write.

If it’s of help, the music I listen to when I write is I’m Yours by Jason Mraz.  Saw a music video of the BTS compilation of KRW and KHY and that song was used. Look it up in YouTube, it’s funny and will make you ship them even more.

Now, back to the story!

---

“Ya! You two, come over!”  The director had to semi-shout because the noise around was just too much.

“Yes, Sanghyub-ssi?”  Rowoon ran towards his direction, beating Hyeyoon by a few seconds, perhaps because of his long legs.

“We’ll now film this scene where Hyeyoon will be hit by a ball and you, Rowoon, will block her from being hit.  You’ll both land, once again, on the grass and should end up with you nestling her head with your arm. Understand?”

“Ahjussi, can I just not save her from being hit? I can just go there by her side but I don’t necessarily have to be hit by the ball just for her.”  The somewhat irritated Rowoon complained a bit while trying to disregard Hyeyoon’s existence. He can’t forget the way she rudely answered him in the past scene when he asked if she’s okay.  If she doesn’t like some care, fine!

Hyeyoon can’t believe what she’s hearing and can’t help but butt in.

“Excuse me?  Were you not reading the script?”  She placed her hands on her tiny waist and faced Rowoon.  They were both wearing sports attire and she wants to get over and done with this scene.

“Obviously, I did.” He hissed at her.

“So why are you changing stuff?” For a second there, she completely forgot the presence of the director and raised her left hand to make a point.

Rowoon just looked at her and signaled that the director and some people are there.  If there’s one thing that he hates, it’s people making a scene. And that’s just what she’s doing now.

Hyeyoon got it right away and lowered her tone but not her annoyance level. “Rowoon, why don't we just stick with what’s written, yes?”  A sweet smile formed on her lips. So sweet yet so fake.

He let out a loud sigh of frustration.  “Fine. Let’s proceed. We can do this, partner!”  He was competitive with the show she’s doing. He lowered his head to catch her gaze and asked for a high five.

She didn’t know if she’d go for it or no, but more and more people are now watching them intently, with some even holding their phones to discreetly take a video.  She definitely can’t tell them to stop recording. Left with no other choice, she gave him a weak high five.

Once their palms touched, he grabbed her hand and squeezed it.  He put his hands between their bodies and looked at her intently.

She started to get conscious of his gesture and so confused on what’s happening that she wasn’t able to utter not even one word.

He whispered to her, “Just play along.”  By now he knows that he has quite perfected the art of shutting her up.

A few gasps were heard from their audience.  Now, she’s fuming with anger.

She angrily whispered back, “You’ll pay for this.”

“Okay, okay!  Let’s start!” The director held his megaphone and signaled for everyone to get ready.

“Lights, camera, action!”

It all happened so fast. The girl who threw the ball at Hyeyoon’s way really made sure that she did it with all her might and with such speed that Rowoon has miscalculated the time he’d enter the scene.  He was supposed to block Hyeyoon and use his back to protect her from the ball. But it was too late.

The ball hit Hyeyoon’s head so hard, she instantly fell on the ground.

“Cut! Cu--”

Rowoon didn’t even let the director finish his signal.  He ran past everyone and swiftly lifted Hyeyoon. In such panic, he carried her to the nearest part of the set where there’s  shade, as the weather was so hot that day.

“Ya!  Hyeyoon!  Wake up!” He doesn’t know what to do.  “Help! Where’s the emergency team?!?!?!”  He’s nearly hysterical.

“Ya, Hyeyoona!  I’m sorry. Yaaa!”  Nearly shouting at the unconscious Hyeyoon, he kept on massaging the spot that was hit by the ball. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”  Involuntarily, he kissed her forehead.

She furrowed her eyebrows a tiny bit.  Seeing the improvement, he kept on kissing the spot gently and cradled her face with his hand.  He told the people to move aside and held her hand to make her feel secure and okay.

A few more minutes and the emergency team arrived.  Rowoon didn’t leave her side, not even for a second.

“Mom...mom...mommy…”  Hyeyoon called softly. A tear fell on her right eye. "Mom? Mom..."

That soft cry sounded awfully familiar to him.  For a moment, he tried to figure out where he heard it.  The sad voice warmed his heart and he didn’t know why.

He held on to her hand even tighter until she started to gain full consciousness.

“What happened?”  He’s the first person she saw.

“Your reflex is so bad, you need more practice.”  He suddenly let go of her hand, let the emergency team take care of her, and walked away.

He didn’t like this feeling.  He didn’t like this at all.