Chapter 11: First Choice

Once the campers were the done settling, they were instructed to gather at the makeshift theater, which is actually just a cabin assigned as their workshop area. Situated at the center of the four log cabins for boys and girls, the theater can be easily accessed by all the students.

"Hi everyone. Welcome to Korea Theater Guild's Theater Camp! Once again, I'm Park Ruru and the girl over there is Kim Yeshin. We'll be your facilitators for five days in this camp. Your theater mentor is one of Korea's up and coming director, Kim Sang-Hyub. Let's all welcome Director Kim!"

The students clapped and jeered at the star of the camp. All are excited to learn and be mentored by one of the rising Korean drama directors.

He bowed to his students.

"Hello, kids! I'm happy you decided to be here with us. As early as now, I will tell you that you've made the right decision of joining this camp. Each one of us has a talent and you know what? You have to share such talent to others. Use it to inspire and motivate people. Hone and perfect it. Material things can be taken away from you but your craft is truly yours. So I ask you all to be open to our constructive criticisms, treat everyone as brothers and sisters, and just enjoy our five-day camp. Thank you!"

Rowoon looked at Hyeyoon from afar.

'Hmmm. Not bad to be my sister. She's a bit cute. Okay, fine, not just a bit but really cute. I mean, really really cute. The way she keeps on tucking her hair behind her ear is something I could get used to watching everytime she's nervous or if she's excited about something. Her expressive eyes are not tiring to look at, especially when she starts to get annoyed at me. That's actually why I keep on annoying her, haha! And--'

"Kim Rowoon?" Director Sang-hyub called the guy whose look is fixated on the girl a few feet away from him and was weirdly smiling the whole time.

Rowoon froze and slowly turned towards the man in front of him.

"I said, choose a partner."

"Wha--I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. Please forgive me, Sang-hyubssi." He suddenly stood up and kept his head bowed down.

"Okay. I'll be the one to decide then. You'll be partnered with...hmmm..." The director's eyes made a sweep of everyone's face.

Just when he was about to choose the the girl with eyeglasses, Rowoon answered in panic.

"Her. I want her." He pointed his finger towards Hyeyoon's direction. "I mean, I choose her as my acting partner." He cleared his throat and corrected himself.

"Are you okay with that, Hyeyoon?" Sang-hyub had to make sure that all are comfortable with their partners.

"I-I-I think that's fine?" Hyeyoon's mind was reeling with questions. Why her? Why not the prettier ones?

"Good. Both of you, please step aside and get your script from Teacher Ruru."

Both slowly stood up and walked to Park Ruru's seat.

Hyeyoon had to know one thing. "Excuse me, may I know if we will be partners for five days??" Her worried look can't hide her concerns.

"Yes."