Chapter 8: First Moment

A/N: After the super little (but valuable) interaction we got from Rowoon and Hyeyoon during their China fanmeet, I think we all deserve an update--yes, even me! :) I'd like to think that there's more to this than meets the eye. :)

~

Hyeyoon's head still ached a bit. She didn't know that Lee Ha Kyo could throw a ball that hard. Ha Kyo had already apologized to Hyeyoon a million times and she was also forgiven the same number of times.

Being the positive person that she is, Hyeyoon was able to convince the team that she's now a-okay and ready to get back to work.

Her high spirits uplifted the other casts and crew. They are now more determined to get the scene right.

Everyone's good except for Rowoon.

Annoyed and irritated, he dragged Hyeyoon, away from everyone's earshot.

"Are you crazy?" He hissed at her.

"You are crazy. Why did you bring me here?! I don't know what you're talking ab--ahhh...ahhhhh--" She clutched on to the spot which got hit by the ball.

"Sh*t! See? I told you!" His temper has now escalated to being mad. Mad but gentle.

He lowered his head to meet her gaze but she's still wincing in pain. He quickly searched for a spot where she can sit but there's none around.

He then removed her hand from the painful spot and replaced it with his hand, massaging it with his thumb ever so gently. He slowly let her rest her head on his chest and let her body's weight relax on his--all while standing up.

The only justification that she still can't go back to work just yet is her lack of energy to argue with him. This isn't the Hyeyoon that he knows.

And this isn't also the Rowoon that he knows.

The heat of her head against his body warmed his heart. The urge to take care of the fragile girl who keeps on hissing and rolling her eyes at him is driving him to the brink of confusion.

His brain tells him to release her and not have a care in the world, to be consistent with their bickering past. But his body is betraying him in so many ways right now. His hands are having a life of their own, rubbing her back and cradling her head. His lips are now whispering gentle and caring words to her, telling her everything's going to be alright.

After a few minutes of standing next to her like that, he felt her small arms slowly circle his waist and hug him tightly.

Lightly resting his head on top of hers, he hugged her like he's never hugged anyone before.

'What am I doing? What are we doing?' I'm lost. So lost.' What he knows is at this very moment, he wants to be there for her.

"Ya! What are both of you doing?!" The director sprung out from nowhere, startling both actors.

How they managed to suddenly be a meter away from each other--they don't know.

"We--we're just practicing a scene--" Hyeyoon stammers while looking at the director then to Rowoon.

"That scene's not up until the mid-part, from what I remember. I think you're way ahead with your own rehearsal."

Director Sang-hyub can't help but smile while walking away. "Let's go, you two."