Imprint

You held your head high as you floated through those hallways. You thought you ruled the world, simply because you had never experienced the terror and loneliness of being broken. Soon, maybe you would realize the importance of all those theater classes you had been forced into. It wasn't to pick up a new hobby but to learn a valuable life lesson. Don't forget it. You will need to use those skills in many different ways, much more often than you might think.

The people that surround you don't care what you think. They do not care what you feel. They care about what you can give them and the image you present, as it all feeds into their own gleaming reputations. Live up to the high standards- or pay the price. Be honest with yourself. Which would you rather have? There are two versions of a girl wrapped up inside you, and it's up to you to pull one out.

There is girl number one, the people pleaser. She has her whole life figured out, but it's not really hers to live. Every piece of clothing, every word that leaves her lips, every bit of food or drink she consumes, and every act she commits, is decided by the rest of the world. She is but a slave to her supposed friends and family. They swear they will do anything for her, but maybe she was pulled into this world, into this game, to be their pawn.

On the other hand, we have girl number two. All she wants, all she will ever need, is freedom from the constricting life they have made for her. She is a walking ghost. Day after day, she paces in the cage she was pushed into before she had a chance to speak up for herself. People judge, they don't ask. They tell. No one wants to hear what she thinks, or what she wants. She is nobody. She is nothing.

It doesn't matter who you choose to become, but it is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Who can you be with everything you have witnessed? What will you give or show the world with everything that you have done? Are you ready to allow spectators to take a look at what you can do?

Weren't you born for this? You were groomed to be this girl, this picture-perfect girl. Isn't this everything you have ever dreamed of? Didn't you earn it every sleepless night, every hour worked tirelessly to show the world who you truly were? Don't you deserve this? Isn't this your life and yours alone? You've come this far already. What's one more day?

This is your life. Be whoyou want to be. Girl number one, or girl number two. Maybe there are moreversions of you, somewhere in that pretty little head- versions you wouldn'teven begin to think existed. Find them. Each and every last one. Figure out whichone you want to become. Make the world see that you are you, and you cannot bereplaced. Isn't that what you've been told every day of your life? Make themsee. Make them realize. You are the one. You will be remembered.