Warping Love

I thought you were the one for me, but you are salt instead of sugar in a not-so-perfect cup of tea. The rooms get a sudden chill when you walk in.

Maybe you did take my breath away, but that wasn't love. It was the shock and strain of being blinded and torn apart every second I was trapped under your spell. You, on the other hand, were a mastermind. A guy disguised as a man, eager to get in a bit of fun. In my arms one minute, a few hundred miles away the next.

Make no mistake, I learned so much from you. All those nights sharing your bed, kissing those lips as our clothes fell to the floor. It was perfect, beautiful. In that moment, it was everything I needed and all I had ever dreamed of, wrapped up together in one of the most beautiful demons I have ever seen. You are talented, darling. I won't dare to deny that.

It's what you do with that talent that breaks me. Why do you use it to tear people apart when you could be stitching their wounds and teaching them how to smile again? I was struggling when you let me fall into your arms, and I crumbled more when you left. No warning, no fights, just emptiness. Radio silence crackling through the phone. It was clean but messy, a calm sort of chaos rocking my world as you escaped without a scratch.

There were so many signs telling me to run, but everything in your eyes and your kiss- and your hands- begged me to stay. I did. I was trapped under your spell.

Maybe I dodged a bullet when you left. I was free. I blossomed.I found her. She saved me. She allowed me to be me, which was something younever even began to think of. I was me, no longer property. I was no longerjust 'yours'.