Words to Ignore from the Demons in Your Mind

What on earth have you done? Gone is the picture-perfect girl your parents raised you to be. In her place, stands a stranger. You scurry through hallways and in and out of rooms like a shadow, present only to be noticed for a split second. Never touched, never there enough to remember. What do you have to say for yourself?

You tried, I'm sure. Please, tell me you tried to be better when he looked you in the eyes and told you to kill yourself. Maybe you were scared, but that shouldn't have set you back. You should have done what you could have to change, to be wanted, to be beautiful. But you didn't. You locked the doors and wallowed in self-pity because that was all you knew.

Be better. They did what they could to mold you into a warrior. You pushed them away because they fought too hard. Maybe that was what you needed. Did you ever think of that? Those blows were going to make you what you were supposed to be. You wouldn't be trapped in this shell, trying with every bone in your body to think of a way out. Maybe there is none. Maybe you did too little.

This is all that's left.Darkness and despair. So, come with me. I can show you how to succumb to it. Ican show you so many new tricks, teach you new lessons. I can teach you, butyou have to give me everything that you are. You have to surrender.