Locked in Satan's Mind

He made so many promises that she didn't expect him to keep- but he did. He always did. He stayed when no one else would, held her and whispered sweet words in her ear when the screams of the demons threatened to make her go deaf. No one had done that before. Maybe that was why she craved his touch now, sitting in the dark on a lonely winter night. Maybe that was why she swore he was calling out to her in the dark, whenever she closed her eyes. He had promised to stay, if not for her, then for the two of them. She was better with him around, and everyone knew it. He would never abandon her.

There was something else... something dark. It crept along as he took her hand. It told her they would never work, that he was going to take her heart just to smash it against the wall and watch it fall to smithereens. Which rumor was she supposed to believe? Each one was more far-fetched than the other. Some said he was an angel, others the worst type of devil to have ever walked the streets of that one-horse town she called home. Did she need to run, or should she follow him into the dark? Did she follow her heart, letting him take over her body again and again, or was she supposed to spend her days living alone, in misery?

'Come here. I'll take care ofyou.' Those words echoed in her mind, day and night... but was she supposedto listen? Did she need to run the other way? No one liked to be alone, andhere he was. Maybe this was right, and she was supposed to love him. Maybe hewas the one she wished for, upon a million stars shining at midnight in thatsmall town sky. There was only one way to find out.