The Never-Ending Act

How could you be so blind? You have always seen the warning signs, yet you keep running back. Time and time again, he breaks you... but he sees you. He understands, pulls you in... just to push you away and lock the doors. An endless cycle of joy, confusion, and pain.

He let you down. He promised to be there for you, but he wasn't. The answer came with more questions and more trials. Do you trust him? Do you run? Somehow, you always stay. After all, you promised him, too. In time, things resolved on their own, but that was before. Now what is there to do?

He locked you outside the place you two had made a sanctuary, standing by as you broke in the cold. Is this how life is supposed to be, filled with fake boys and broken promises? You plead and pray for it not to be, but more lines are crossed, more promises are broken. There's not much to do with meaningless words. Their weight either floats by or crashes at full force, destroying everything in their path.

Maybe this is what was supposed to happen. Are all men really just guys in disguise, waiting to burn everything in their path? Is there truth to anything they say?

For at least a minute, he was there. He saw you. Someway, somehow, everything changed. Bright, welcoming eyes became cold and haunted. Long, deep conversations turned short and tense. Your mind and heart are torn. You want to stay, but you run anyway. Better to get out unscathed than to stay and be broken.

The funny thing about friendship is that it hurts more than romance. Flames erupt, licking and eating away at your flesh more with every passing second. Without water to put out the fire, you do what you feel you need to be done. You keep on running back, even with every harsh retort and every blow you receive. You run back because that is all you know how to do. Wouldn't anyone do that, if someone looked them in the eyes and swore they would be there?

People like that are tricky. They pull you in, learn what you want. They hide what they're capable of for as long as they can. It's better to be in disguise than to be left alone in the dark. You can be whoever people need, only to show your true colors when they least expect it.

The world will catch on to them before too long. Isn't that how all of these stories end? Karma is a funny thing. The ones who break you may just end up getting exactly what they deserve, one way or another. Just wait and see.