School bullies and a coat so wooly

A week had passed since the miraculous has magically placed itself upon Marinette's desk. And she thought she would never get a break! Because akumas were out constantly, leaving Marinette no choice but to skip school sometimes to save Paris! But... was it even worth it?

Well, she had grown quite enamored of Chat Noir. To enamored to be precise. Just seeing him made Marinette's heart soar! His charming goofy persona and suave smile! Marinette wanted to wrap her arms around him and hug the sweet kitten!

But there was also Adrien who she'd become kinda bland or indifferent towards. He hung out with Chloe... regularly! Every day it would be, "Adriekins sit with me!" "Adrien be my lab partner!" And he simply went with it. Poor Sabrina was left as a third wheel.

Marinette's crush she thought she'd once had on the blonde boy had quickly faded. Chloe was a disgusting witch and Adrien was her laborer it seemed. Plus he was an aggravating rich kid from Marinette's perspective.

But still, maybe she wasn't looking deep enough. She simply sat at the shore and saw the tide pools, thinking they were the ocean. So Marinette decided to make him a birthday gift. Chloe has made it obvious that Adrien's birthday was coming up next week and that she was inviting him to her house with no one else should come. 

Marinette and Tikki worked together to make a wool coat that complimented his wings. It was a light baby blue color and made of tightly knit sheep wool. It had a zipper she currently was sewing to the front, and holes cut out for forthcoming pockets. Marinette was used to making such special gifts, she simply liked showing off her aesthetic ability.

The dark-haired girl let out a long yawn and stretched her creamy pink wings. She laid her head down on the project as her eyes grew heavier and heavier. She was exhausted from staying up last night studying for her important biology test today. Last-minute studying doesn't work, I don't recommend it. Bad experiences. So little time.

Tikki flew on top of the girl's head and gave her a tiny adorable kick to keep her awake. "Marinette you can't sleep now!" She said with annoyance in her tiny voice.

"I'm tired!" Marinette said in response and let her eyes shut.

"I know you are but your going to regret it later when you don't have a gift for Adrien!" Tikki put her little nubs for arms on Marinette's forehead and picked it up off the coat.

"It doesn't matter, he hardly even talks to me." Marinette groaned and put her head back down.

"Yes, it does! But you just don't realize it yet!" Tikki pushes her body against Marinette's cheek.

"It won't make a difference. Trust me." Marinette grumbled.

"Marinette, please. It's nowhere near time for bed, it's your fault you stayed up all night!" Tikki snapped coming off as orderly and in charge.

"Fine. Just five more minutes though!" Marinette sat up and began seeing the super to the coat while Tikki grinned in the background.

———

Marinette spent way more than five minutes on that gift. She poured her heart into it with deep passion. It was a simple design, really, but it felt good to share something like this. And maybe part of Marinette hoped she could befriend the bizarre boy, who heald to many secrets than she was serene with. 

She delicately had encased the coat in a small box, neatly folded into. It had a simple green and blue wrapping paper tightly hugged around the box, topped with an emerald bow. She made sure to sign it and fit it carefully into her backpack. 

She traveled across her room and got ready for school that day. It was 7:00 am, or at least her clock said so. She adorned her self in clothing and dressed her face up with a modest amount of makeup. She checked her phone and saw all her notifications as she grabbed her backpack and walked downstairs.