Chapter Twenty-One[XXI]: Red Alliance - IV

Uzumaki Kenko and the rest of the Jinchūriki did not have to wait long for Jiraiya to arrive, Kenko tapping his finger on the table to make those who weren't already aware of him. They silenced their banter, the table eerily quiet as Jiraiya neared. He watched as Jiraiya began to flirt with the sleepy, but admirably attractive looking, hostess, who seemed to giggle before pointing him in the direction of their table.

   Jiraiya wore his usual attire, consisting of a green short shirt kimono and matching pants, under which he wore mesh armour that is visible at his wrists and ankles. He also wore handguards, a black belt, traditional wooden saddles, and a red haori with two yellow circles on each side. He carried a large scroll on his back, had a tattoo on his left palm, and he wore a horned forehead protector with the kanji for "oil". He had waist-length, spiky white hair that he tied back into a ponytail, with two shoulder-length bangs framing his face. There were red lines under his eyes which extended down his face, going all the way to the bottom.

   There was only silence as Jiraiya sat down dramatically and with a huff, a smug grin on his face. He looked over the two bottles of near-empty shōchū and the small amounts of kushiyaki scattered about on plates. "I see you started the party without me, the amazing Gama Sennin!" There was a tense undertone in Jiraiya's movements that he noticed immediately.

   "I'm sure you had your own fun at Mushi Izumi, Jiraiya-san," Kenko said as he took a sip of his shōchū.

   "That I did," Jiraiya stated proudly, a perverted smile coming to his face.

   "As much as I would like to continue with idle conversation, it is best we get to business," Yagura cut in before Jiraiya could say more, Han, Rōshi, and Yugito nodding along. "Kitsune-san, if you would."

   "Yes, yes," Kenko said, waving him off as he stood and reached under his hood and to the back of his neck, unsealing a security seal that would block them from being seen, heard, or sensed. He pulled the paper out and placed it on the table in front of him, noting the way Jiraiya's lips twitched down a little. Kenko sent a pulse of chakra into the seal and it sunk into the table, the barrier activated.

   "You know about Fūinjutsu?" Jiraiya asked, looking at the spot where the paper sunk in cautiously.

   "I know about many things, Jiraiya-san," Kenko replied vaguely. "Why don't we introduce ourselves properly."

   He motioned for Gaara to start. "Call me Tanuki."

   "I am Neko, nice to meet you."

   "Kame, pleasure."

   "Saru."

   "Uma."

   "I'm Iriko."

   "The name's Mushi!"

   "And I'm Tako, yo!"

   Kenko smiled. "You already know me, Jiraiya-san, so let's skip that introduction." He flicked off his hood, his messy red hair being revealed.

   Jiraiya laughed. "I had a feeling that would be you, Kenko-kun, you're the only one I know of who uses fox summons."

   "Yes, that would be correct. Meaning that you are to give me a report after this, you know, the one you've been delaying for a week? Hokage-sama is not very pleased." Kenko swirled his drink in his cup, a sly smile on his face.

   A groan came out of Jiraiya. "You are the worst."

   Kenko hummed, neither denying or accepting the claim. "Well, we've wasted enough time," Kenko suddenly said seriously, seeing how some of his fellow Jinchūriki were getting a little antsy, "you came for the same reason we did, to either come to an agreement of disagreement regarding the alliance of the Subete o Shiru Nain and the Gama." He placed a ten thousand yen note on the table, knowing very well he was generously overpaying.