Chapter Thirty-Seven[XXXVII]: Red's Correction

Uzumaki Kenko made his face go carefully blank as he examined the ANBU in front of him. These three had been particularly problematic even since they were recruited a month ago, and it came to an all new high when for a team joint training exercise between the three teams these ANBU are on respectively happened. Shika, Washi and Yamārashi had banded together and refused to follow the order of their captains, leading to the injury of several ANBU.

He'll admit, this was partially his fault. Had he taken action sooner this could have been avoided, and none of his men about have been injured. Because of their insubordination, there was only one thing for him to do that always worked; instil a healthy fear of him into them to really emphasize what will happen if they act that way again. Adding to that, it seems Shika hasn't quite yet lost his wrongful hatred of Naruto, himself, yet, so two birds with one stone.

From his brief interaction with these three, it seemed that Shika was their leader, that much was evident by the way Shika ignored his glare and words. Kenko cracked his fingers one by one, watching their responses with a predatory gaze before stepping forwards and lashing out like a viper, grabbing Shika by the throat and lifting him off the ground as he tried to loosen Kenko's grip.

"I think," Kenko started in a low drawl, "I'm going to be correcting you first. Doesn't that sound nice, Shika-chan?"

Even though Kenko couldn't see it, he was very much sure that Shika was sneering under that mask, acting tough even though Kenko could crush his windpipe in the matter of a half-second if he wanted to. Without another word, Kenko brought his other hand back, watching as Shika's brown eyes flickered to it before slamming his fist into Shika's gut and send him flying into the mini-tundra with an audible crack coming from his ribs.

"Kakashi, I trust that you can keep these two from running away, right?" Kenko started walking towards the tundra, shaking out his hand.

"You can count on me, Aka," Kakashi responded seemingly bored, but he could pick up on the satisfaction from under his tone.

"Excellent." Kenko took off running, body low to the ground as he closed the distance between him and the now standing Shika, his breaths coming out in shallow puffs of condensation. He sent a punch at Shika's right side, Shika just managing to block the blow with his elbow but getting sent sliding all the same, the ice not serving as great traction even with the spikes.

Shika was an ANBU, however, and a decent one at that, so while he was sliding he flew through some hand-signs and muttered, "Doton: Iwa no Shougeki¹⁴⁷." He raised his hands to the sky and chunks of frozen rock flew up from behind him, flinging themselves down upon Kenko while serving as groves to regain traction for Shika.

Raiton: Go Hibana Yubi¹⁴⁸, Kenko thought to himself while going through hand-signs. Gathering lightning chakra to his fingers, more than this jutsu needed, ten small balls of lightning appeared above them, one hovering above each finger. He charged at Shika, sending the balls flying if a chunk of frozen earth got too close or dodging them. With three remaining balls, Kenko sent two charging at Shika, who cursed and jumped away to the right.

While he was still mid-air, Kenko sent the last ball of lighting towards Shika's chest and pushed off the ground towards Shika, using chakra to gain traction. Shika cursed once more, yelling, "Doton: Doryūheki¹⁴⁹!" He inhaled quickly and vomited out mud, the wall just barely getting created in time to stop the lightning ball and Kenko, who landed on the wall on his toes, pushing away as the Doton: Doryūdan¹⁵⁰ bursts through from the other side.

The frozen earth dragon head immediately began to blast mud balls at Kenko, forcing him to back up to avoid being hit, ice and earth stirring up, causing the area to be clouded. Kenko only sighed, closing his eyes, he applied to Raiton: Dendō Kaitengi to himself, letting the gyroscopic rings destroy the balls of mud. Next, he thrust his hand out behind him, sending a Chidori Eisō straight at Shika's abdomen, just as he had with Garra except for this time, he meant it.