A/N: Update, I Guess?

Hey, everyone. Long time no update!

   Don't be too mad at me for falling off the face of the Earth for a year, I had some things to take care of before I had the energy to even write.

   So, I suppose this is just an update about the book for those who have been waiting around for a new chapter. I read all of your comments, by the way! So, if you have anything to say, feel free.

   About the book, then.

   I think I'm going to re-write it. 

   And by re-write, I mean re-write.

   Honestly, when I started writing this book, I had no clear idea as to where it was going to end up. I just loved reading the ANBU Naruto stories, so I figured I'd take a shot at one of my own. And while it was fun to write, as the plot progressed, I found it harder and harder to find the motivation to keep writing.

   I've been writing some original novels of my own, and while they are nowhere near complete or perfect, they've given me a few ideas about what I can do to make this fanfiction my own. I've been reading a lot, too, specifically ones that were originally Chinese. They're so much different from all the Western books I've read, and I enjoy the tropes and cliches they bring to the table.

   Real quick, before I continue, let me recommend some ( note: every one of these novels can be found on NovelUpdates, where you can find the translations and read for free ):

   Emperor of Solo Play by D-Dart ( this was the first-ever Chinese novel I read, so it holds a special place in my heart );

   Fake Slackers [BL] by Mu Gua Huang;

   Game Loading [BL] by Long Qi;

   Global Examination [BL] by Mu Su Li;

   Kill the Hero by D-Dart;

   Lord of the Mysteries by Cuttlefish That Loves Diving;

   My House of Horrors by I Can Fix Air-Conditioners;

   Reborn with an Old Enemy on the Day of Our Marriage [BL] by Lin Zhiluo;

   Reincarnator by ALLA;

   The Legendary Mechanic by Chocolion.

   If you like these novels, specifically the BL ones, feel free to message me for some more recommendations. The novels without the BL tag have little to no romance at all, since honestly, I get uncomfortable reading heterosexual romance. Also, all of these are complete novels, so you don't need to worry about waiting for updates!

   Alright, now that that's out of the way, let me get back to the main topic.

   First, let me say that I cannot promise anything regarding the completion or update schedule of the novel. I will write when I feel like it, because I've come to realize that if I force myself to write, I will never get anything done and feel resentful. My life is quite busy as it is, as I'm in my last year of high school and need to prepare for college next year, so excuse any long waits.

   Second, I will be re-writing this novel systematically, starting from the first chapter to the last. I will not be deleting the chapters I have yet to re-write, but be warned that the re-written version and the current version will be drastically different. This is both in plot and the tone, as the re-write will be more sombre.

   Third, I really appreciate all the comments and support, and I apologize if this is not what you were expecting. However, I really can't make myself update this novel further the way it is, as it is no longer what I desire it to be.

   That's it, really. So, to summarize: I will be sporadically but systematically re-writing this book to make it something I like.

   Alright, then, have a good night everyone!

   Don't forget to ask me for some recommendations if you want some! :)

   - Fox