Part 3

NICO

When I come to, Will is leaning against my bed, fast asleep.
'Will.' I say, shake him lightly. He takes a moment to wake up, as he always does. But then he sits up, goes into doctor mode.
'How're you feeling? Does anything hurt? How did you sleep?' He asks, holding his hand against my forehead to check my temperature.
'Would you slow down a sec? I'm fine. I feel fine.' I say, swatting his hand away, 'what happened?'
'You don't remember?' He asks, settling down for a moment. I can tell he's worried though.
'Not really. No?' I say, 'should I remember something?'
'You blacked out, hit your head, and nearly drowned.' He says.
'Kind of glad I don't remember if I'm being honest.' I say, sitting up in my bed.
'You're not joking? You don't remember anything?' He asks.
'Nothing. Can I get up?'
'Yeah. You should be okay to walk now. You'll need to come in regularly for the next couple days though. Concussion is serious. It can lead to sleeping problems, nausea, depression-'
'You're doing it.' I say.
'What?'
'You're going doctor.'
'I'm not.'
'People don't list symptoms.'
'The cool ones do.'
'Stop it.'
'Okay. But I'm serious. Regular checkups.' He pushes.
'Yeah, Yeah, I know. It's not like I can really avoid you anyway.'
'That is true.' I link arms with him and we walk outside, where I'm surprised to find it light.
'What's the time?'
'Twelve.'
'AM?'
'You slept a long time. Come on, you must be hungry.' We walk over to the dining area and grab a late breakfast. Will insists on running through some simple tests to check my reflexes are still the same. Which they are.
'Okay, I need to go.' I say, standing up once we finish with breakfast.
'Where you going?' Will asks.
'Sword practice with Percy.' I say, heading to leave when he grabs my hand and pulls me back.
'I don't think so.'
'Come on. We'll take it easy.' I say.
'Doctor's orders.'
'Uhuh. Okay, you can't keep pulling that card.' I say, 'I'm going.'
'Good luck doing sword practice without your sword.' He says. I stop, sigh slightly and turn to face him.
'What did you do with my sword?' I ask, slowly and calmly. If anyone other than Will touched my sword I would lose it, but he knows that that doesn't apply to him. It doesn't make me any less annoyed though, and he knows how weirdly protective I am of my sword.
'Not saying.' He says, avoiding eye contact. I sit opposite him and lean forward.
'What'd you do with it, Will?'
'You'll never find it and I won't tell, so you might as well stop asking.'
'It's under your bed in the Apollo cabin.' I say, and he freezes.
'Nico, don't-' I shadow travel before he finishes his sentence. As a rule, I never shadow travel directly into any cabin unless it's an emergency. So I end up just outside the Apollo cabin.
I knock, to no reply, so I open the door and step inside. I move over quickly to Will's bed and find my sword instantly, placed carefully under his mattress. I check it over for a moment, balance it carefully, when I see Will's photo of his mum and two half sisters.
I drop my sword and kneel on his bed to get closer to the photo. I unpin it and hold it, look at it closely.
The door bangs open and Will stands, out of breathe.
'You are not allowed to do that!' He says, panting heavily. He looks up and sees me holding the photo, 'what's that?' I don't reply, 'You okay?' He asks, suddenly concerned.
'These are your sisters right?' I ask, wanting to be sure.
'Half sisters, but yeah.' He says, then takes into factor my odd tone, my questioning. He grows concerned, 'what's going on? They're okay, right? Nico?'
'I don't...' I say, trying to sort through a mess of memories in my head, 'she was in the vision. When I blacked out. I had a vision. I think. And she was there.'
'Gracie?' He asks, seeing who I'm pointing at. She looks like Will, blonde hair and freckles. I nod. 'Oh my Gods. Okay, okay I need to call them. I need to call them now.'