Part 47

WILL

We get to where I'll be hanging back, at a bus stop half a mile from where my sisters are meant to be. I get out the car, Nico following after me. Everyone else stays in the car, leaving us to say our goodbyes.
'Have you got the ambrosia I got for you?' I ask, checking his armour's secure.
'Got it.'
'And the nectar?'
'Yep.' He says.
'And you know as soon as you're done, you shadow travel back to me, just to let me know everything's okay?'
'I know, Will. We've been over it.' He insists.
'But only you shadow travelling.' I continue, 'You'll already be exhausted, you don't want to exert yourself. Unless someone needs medical attention urgently-'
'Will.' He says, gently, cutting me off. He takes my hands. I look down at him and meet his eyes, 'I've got it.'
I nod, quietly, 'sorry. I know. I just worry.'
'I know you do.' He says. He leans up and kisses me, lightly, 'I'll be okay.'
'I know.' I say, 'I'll be here.'
'And I'll be back soon.'
'I love you.' I say, only letting go of his hands when I have to. He steps into the car.
'I love you, too.'
'Be safe.' I say.
'I'll be back soon.' He says again. He shuts the door and Percy drives off. I stay where I am until I can't see the car anymore.
Only then do I sit down at the bus stop, waiting for Nico to pop up beside me and tell me that everything turned out fine.