Spurs 0-1 Liverpool

The women had their game against Man United postponed. Can't drop points if you don't play!

Leicester were beaten by Southampton and Danny Ings.

I'm still surprised Mourinho is Spurs' manager. He might not be what he used to be but I was still concerned he'd manage to frustrate. He certainly had defence in mind giving Tanganga his debut.

That was until in the first few minutes Firmino gets in behind Eriksen down the inside right. He enters the box and curls for the bottom left. Gazzaniga is beaten ... but Tanganga slides in to block! The ball breaks to Oxlade-Chamberlain, who should score but hits the post and allows the keeper to grab.

Robertson heads down the left in the hope of releasing Mane. The new African player of the year is offside, so he doesn't engage. Robertson chases after his own pass, reaches it, and backheels to eventually find Mane.

Mane works down the left again and earns a corner off Sanchez. From the corner, hit long, Salah finds Henderson, who dinks back towards the near post for Van Dijk, who must score. Van Dijk doesn't get any power on his header, allowing Gazzaniga to parry.

Son goes off up the other end and is tumbled over from behind by Gomez, who is booked.After that him and Van Dijk broke an attack and the commentators were desperate for Gomez to be sent off until they saw it again and saw there was nothing wrong whatsoever.

Moura and Gomez come together as the pair battle for the high ball. Alisson comes miles out of his area to head clear. Alisson doesn't like staying in his box much, does he?

A throw from the left - that should've been Spurs' corner. Spurs don't clear it, Alderweireld failing to get much purchase on his header. Henderson heads down to Salah, on the penalty spot. Salah slips a pass wide left for Firmino, who drops a shoulder, takes a touch to the left to send Tanganga the wrong way, and slams home.

There's a VAR check for handball, when Henderson got involved, heading down towards Salah. But if the ball hit an arm, it was Alli's. The goal stands.

Oxlade-Chamberlain embarks on a mammoth dribble down the right. Spurs made that easy for him. He reaches the area and clips one inside for Mane, who can't bring it down on the penalty spot. Spurs clear.

Alexander-Arnold cuts in from the right and loops towards the far post, where Firmino and Mane await. Gazzaniga does extremely well to anticipate the cross and claim.

A poor Gomez header drops to Alli, who zips towards the Liverpool box. Just as he's going to shoot, Van Dijk slides in, bravely seeing Alli's in the area. A clean tackle, though the ball breaks to Aurier to the right; the full back whips a shot straight down Alisson's throat.

Robertson overruns a ball out on the left. He clumped Tanganga, just about caught the young defender on the shin. The pair roll around in agony. Play continues, though, and Alexander-Arnold crosses from the right. Mane tries to guide a header back across Gazzaniga, towards the bottom right. The keeper does extremely well to stop it with a strong arm. Spurs clear the loose ball.

Mane is replaced by Origi.

Aurier, out on the right, curls a glorious low ball towards the far post. Lo Celso, six yards out and level with the left-hand post, creams a shot across Alisson and out for a goal kick. I didn't know that wasn't a goal until Mourinho was on his knees.

Lallana dribbles around in the midfield and draws a cheap foul from Lamela.

Shaqiri comes on for Salah. Great to see him back.

Son cuts in from the right, drops a shoulder, and takes a final shot for Spurs. Aiming for the top left, he can't get enough curl on the ball, and it's straight into Alisson's midriff.

Liverpool extend their lead at the top of the table - 16 points over Leicester with a game in hand - and stretch their unbeaten run to 38 league games in the process. Man City took second and cut the lead to 14 points. We've been unbeaten for a season worth of games!

Next Man United at home, Sunday 19th January 2020, 16:30.

Let's do the double on them!

Brighton goalkeeper Mat Ryan donated £15,000 to Australian bushfire relief, after 56 saves were made in the Premier League this weekend. I wished we'd had more saves in our game to boost the funds.