Chapter XXV

AN: POV switch to Eren.

About six months have gone by since the war had ended and everything had pretty much gone back to normal. At the end of it the Horus had showed up like their king had said they would and aided us in pushing the rest of the humans back, keeping those who chose to stay. I spoke with their king and learned that he was my half brother, as my father had loved someone else before my mother. Hygieia, or Kuchel, decided to roam Pavonis and live off the planet's surface to discover the many creatures that inhabit it and in doing so came another reunion. My mother was over joyed to see Kuchel again and they've been sharing letters to each other thanks to the help of some of the Horos who decided to stay and help.

My people demanded that I be crowned king as soon as they finished the funerals and fixing the damage caused from the war, so by the time they finished my day of birth had arrived and that was the day I was crowned King of the Taos. To be honest, I'd never felt so nervous in all my life when I stood there on stage. After I was crowned, my first request as king was to have a settlement within the Tao City built for the humans so they had a place to stay. Their own scientists helped in the making of it and with the flying capabilities of the Horus, the settlement was completed before the end of the Zephyros season. The only thing I wanted after was time with Levi, but after he found out he was of Horus descent he insisted he go to their kingdom and see if it would be his new home.

So now here I was, standing before a lake in the nightly rain, thinking about my love. As much as I understood why he had left part of me wished he wouldn't have gone. Every night I'd fly in the sky and survey the Tao City as a way to clear my mind, but tonight it didn't work so now I'm here. Just as I was about to go back home, the rain seemed to have stopped but only where I stood. Then I realized that someone was standing next to me, so I turned to face them and realized it was Levi. He had come home, or hadn't he?

" What has you so glum my confident king?"

" Really? Now you're addressing me like one of my subjects... You didn't do that when I was a prince..."

" I'm only teasing with you Eren." I felt him get closer but I didn't move. " I missed you a lot though. The Horus sure do have a different lifestyle than the Taos, I'll give them that, but I'm not sure living on top of spiked rock spires is my thing. I'd rather have solid ground beneath my feet if I'm living somewhere, and that place better have my beloved by my side too."

He pulled me into him using his wings and laid a soft and shy kiss on my lips before I let go of any preservations I had and kissed him back harder. 

" Stay by my side, Levi. Be mine."

" Is that your new order, my beloved?"

" Damn right it is, and you can't break it. Ever. Got it?"

" I don't plan on breaking that one any time in my lifespan."

Levi kissed me again and I let him take control of the kiss. This is where we were meant to be, by each other's sides till the end that all our time would allow.

" I love you, Levi."

" I love you too, Eren."

AN: I know, kind of short but it's short and sweet. This is the end of Despondent Beauty and I probably don't plan on making a sequel to this any time soon as I have newer stories to write. I hoped you guys enjoyed reading this so thank you if you did and I'll see you in a new story!!!

¥•~The End~•¥