Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The prodigal king

Snowdon

"Mom!"

Sofia Elena was running down towards the staircase as she called her mother. It was even still early in the morning and what she hoped to be a good day turned out to be bad.

Sumunod pa sa kanya ang mga assistants na hinire kuno ng hari pababa rin ng hagdan. She looked back and glared at them. Supposed to be ay magsisimula ang araw niya ng matiwasay at maayos pero dahil sa mga ito ay napunta ang lahat sa wala.

"Huwag kayong sumunod sa 'kin," She told the women, pissed. Tumigil naman ang mga ito sa mga yapak nila at hinayaan siya. When Sofia Elena was already at the living room, she saw her mother, Lady Violetta, reading calmly a newspaper while her other hand was holding a cup of coffee.

"Ma!" She called her attention again, "What's the meaning of this? Bakit nasa loob ng kwarto ko 'yung mga assistants niya?" She said to her mom in disbelief. She made it loud and clear to the king that she disagreed about the bethrotal and even more their 'upcoming marriage'. She even kept tearing the damned royal decree document apart - implicating that no wedding will happen between her and the king.

"You're marrying the king, they're helping you for the preparations," Her mom answered calmly without even glancing at her, "The wedding will be in a few weeks, you need a lot of help to prepare everything."

"No!" She exclaimed, "Ilang beses ko ng sinabi na hindi ako magpapakasal sa kahit kanino. Kahit siya pa ang Hari, I rejected him off so many times. He's violating my rights!" She added angrily. Kung gusto ng hari na iyon, magtutuos pa sila mismo sa korte.

"It's a royal decree, you lose your rights," Her mother answered her calmly again like it was all along her doomed fate.

"No, I don't want any of this, papasok na ako sa university," She said firmly before going back to her room again.

●👑●

Malacañang Palace

"After the meeting, what's next?" Madrid asked Gonzalo Martin - who was now he appointed as his own private secretary. The old man was following him together with the other royal guards. They were currently walking towards the cabinet hall where the prime minister and other state secretaries hold important meetings and gatherings. For that day, he was asked by everyone of them for a discussion about his upcoming official coronation as King. The Malacañang Palace is where the Prime Minister resides and where the offices of the official state secretaries and major politicians located.