Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Trust no one

Ortiz de Rozaz Palace

"Your majesty."

Napatigil naman si Sofia nang marinig ang boses ni Gonzalo. It was already almost dinner time and she was just staying in the office where they held their private wedding ceremony earlier. After her confrontation with Madrid, she decided just to stay inside. She really doesn't have the appetite to entertain other people.

Besides, she has been told that she's going to stay at the palace for their 'wedding night'.

"Ma'am, the King has already been waiting for you at the dining room. You're going to have your dinner."

She rolled her eyes at him, her arms crossed, "Kung ayoko?"

She already knows that her mother already left her alone in the palace. She's even sure that she's the one packing her clothes and things now - for her two-week honeymoon vacation with the King after the wedding. Of course - that she'll be living now with him because they're married.

Because she's the queen.

And she doesn't even know what her new role will bestow on her.

Gonzalo who was a little taken aback with her answer gave her a tight smile, "This is an order from the King, your majesty."

She already knows what the old man was going to answer. As what he noticed Gonzalo Martin is loyal to the royal family. No wonder sometimes he acts like the second right hand of Madrid Anselmo.

She rolled her eyes again and sighed. She followed Gonzalo.

Dumating na rin siya sa south wing ng palasyo. Every palace of the royal family owned consists of North, South, East and West wings - and each of them contains more than fifty bedrooms. Ika-nga, the palaces of their country are one of largest castles built in the world.

But for her, living in that kind of place seems lonely and miserable. Especially when your family died in a tragic incident.

In the south wing, there she saw, Madrid Anselmo already sitting on the other edge of the long dining table. The flowers, the plates and other dining utensils were beautifully arranged. It seemed like everything was in gold, if not, in crystal. Parang kapag makabasag siya sa isa sa mga iyon, she's going to pay her life for it.

When Madrid saw her, he nodded at her, gesturing her to sit opposite to him. Si Gonzalo naman ay umalis para kausapin ang ibang staff ng palasyo.