Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Sitio Fatima

Ortiz de Rozaz Palace

"Your majesty, Ma'am," Sofia was just lying unto her bed when she heard a knock from the door. She was lying down sideways, her checks resting on both of her hands. She knew it was already morning and it was Gonzalo Martin who was calling her.

"Ma'am?"

She sighed when Gonzalo called her again. She didn't even sleep well after her confrontation with Prince Phaedron earlier. His words were bothering her as if he was threatening her.

Maybe Madrid was right all along.

Trust no one.

Not every royal family member is trustworthy. Everyone has his own hidden agenda... Just like Natalie and Prince Phaedron's secret relationship.

God, ano ba itong pinasok niya? She didn't expect the royal family has their own very scandalous secrets. Parang sumasakit ang ulo niya sa mga nalaman niya dahil sa mga ito.

And now, she's married to Madris Anselmo, which makes her a Queen and most importantly, a new member of the royal family. Complicated would be an understatement for description of these people.

"I'm... coming," She answered Gonzalo and the man was gone after. She took a deep breath as she stood up. Later, they're going to be away from the palace, from the people... As what her new husband told her, they're going to spend their two-week honeymoon vacation away on an island. Even her mom seemed to know about it already dahil ito ang nag-empake ng mga damit niya kahapon. And she packed her a lot of clothes for the vacation probably.

She knows the royal family is really up to no good.

Now, she understands why every royal family member must act as prim and proper person to the public - certainly to cover their scandalous secrets.

Because one secret out is enough to ruin their reputation - and integrity as a royal family.

The Royal Family's image is depicted as a strength. Dapat walang makikitang kahinaan mula rito. Showing of weakness would mean they can easily  be destroyed. The royal family is the foundation of strength of their country.

After she was done preparing everything, lumabas kaagad siya mula sa kwarto. The palace staff would greet and curtsy to her the moment she would meet them on the way. Sofia would just gave them an awkward smile. Gonzalo was also accompanying her beside. He was discussing about something but her mind was still wandering on the new secret she learned from the royal family.

Dumating na rin sila sa labas ng palasyo kung saan nakaabang ang isang kulay itim na kotse. As what she could only decipher from Gonzalo's words, Madrid would meet her at the port at 5:00am. It was very early in the morning to travel.