-2

jade was out for a morning jog and her phone began to ring again.
"hello?" brandon said over the phone.
"yes, mr. arreaga?"
"i'm about to leave the house, emma is still asleep." brandon was just getting his car ready, jade crossed her arms. already made her way back to the familiar house, since she wasn't too far.

"you could've told me before i went for a jog."
"oh cheer up, you can jog any other day."
"arreaga, don't push it."
"i'm going to be late, bye jade." he said getting into his car.

as the garage closed, jade walked inside of the arreaga household.
walking down the hall, there were photos hung on the wall that caught her eye.
looking at the one picture from their wedding, this beautiful woman smiling at brandon.

the silence was interrupted by crying upstairs and jade ran upstairs to see what was going on.
"emma?"
she was sitting up on her bed, in tears.
"i had a nightmare."
jade sat on emma's small bed and wrapped her arms around her.
emma confided in jade, even though they had only met yesterday, she felt a connection.

"nightmares never come true, i know they can be really scary sometimes but it's never true."
"are you sure?"
"i promise you." jade's voice was rather soothing..

                          •          •          •

"pizza!" emma cheered as she was finishing up her dinner.
"this was fun to make, huh?"
"your side looks so pretty." emma admired the caprese pizza jade had made on her side.
"how about we try a slice from each other's?"

"yes!"
from afar the garage door opened and closed, not heard by any of the two girls.
"i like yours better than mine." jade said.
"mine is a secret recipe." emma put her finger up to her lips.

"my favorite girls." brandon said from behind them which startled jade.
emma put her pizza down, "papa!"
she ran over to a kneeling brandon who had his arms wide open.
"didn't burn my house down, latrell."
brandon chuckled.

brandon walked over with emma in his arms and tried the pizza.
"this is really good, did you make this from scratch?"
"yea yea! i helped her too!" emma said.

brandon put emma down and went into the kitchen to grab two glasses and a bottle of wine.
"tell me about yourself." he said.
"i'm nineteen, almost twenty. my parents live all the way in montana since i decided to move to los angeles."

"everybody has some sort of reason coming to los angeles. what was yours?"
"the old, coming to california since it seems like a dream. you?"
"i was young when i first moved out here, had my friends and all. until i started to grow up, met lynn and got married."

"do you ever sometimes feel like your relationship was rushed?" she said looking into space.
"sometimes, do you feel like that is that why you're asking me?"
"i have a boyfriend back home, he can be different but i find it hard to leave him because him and i go way back all the way back to montana days."

"seek out and adventure a little bit latrell." brandon said, pouring himself more wine.
"what about you, any adventures?"
"besides the one i just told you? hm, you are a new adventure." brandon smiled.
"oh, stop it arreaga i'm blushing." she joked.

"a little too much wine for you miss." the two laughed and poured more wine.
"your wife is constantly working, huh?"
jade took a sip of her wine and watched brandon's emotions unfold.

"working as a model you know how tough things get. coming home late then leaving in the morning for another work day."
"do you still feel that spark with her as you did in the beginning?" jade asked, getting intrigued with brandon.

"i-i honestly don't know.." he trailed off, thinking.

"well i have to go, thank you brandon."
jade hugged him and walked away, going back to her home.

·.·'¯'·.·authors note·.·'¯'·.·
...