-39

the doorbell wouldn't stop going off, it was almost like their alarm clock going on and off reminding them to get out of bed. jade got up remembering she had a shoot to get to, immediately rushing out of bed but tripping and falling on her face.

"shit." she got up and walked over to nick's side of the bed.
he groaned as his head hurt like someone was pounding it. jade had him take tylenol and water, trying to get him to open the door.

"baby, please i'm going to be late for my shoot."
she pleaded, but nick groaned again in response. jade went downstairs and nick got up following behind her since he didn't want to make jade upset. jade ran to the front door to see who was constantly ringing the doorbell, a woman came to view.

"hi is nick here?" the woman smiled at her.
"yeah, uhm who are you?"
"i'm catherine, you must be.."
"jade, nick's girlfriend." she shook catherine's hand as the woman furrowed her eyebrows.
"you're the woman that has been with my husband?" jade's eyes widened at the words husband.

she shook her head, "he never-"
"of course he wouldn't, you're pretty and you model."
jade choked up on her words, feeling defeated.
"nick, get over here now." she turned around.
he followed and his eyes widened at the sight of catherine.
"and there's my husband right there."
catherine chuckled.
"hello to you too, catherine."
jade couldn't watch their exchanges anymore, she went upstairs getting all her stuff and leaving the necklace and earrings that nick had bought her on the bed.

another married man?
c'mon jade i thought you were better than this

her thoughts overwhelmed her, she ran down the stairs and pushed past nick who had given her a distraught look.
"i-i'm late for my shoot." jade said quietly.
trying to leave quickly so nick wouldn't chase after her, throwing her stuff into the passenger seat and getting into her car driving away.
the tears had come streaming half way into the car ride, her cries were no longer silent.
she pulled over, immediately crying into her hands.

he's a liar
he lied to me
i should've known better
i got too attached
i thought he was the one
and i was damn wrong.

her cries were the only thing she could hear, they drowned out the radio. in the passenger seat, her phone was ringing.
it was probably nick.
she decided to ignore it, wiping her tears away then going back onto the road.

once she got to her shoot, everyone sensed something was wrong. her eyelids were swollen from crying so much, her eyes were red and her hair was a mess just like her.
"no, no. we do tomorrow, clearly something is wrong." mario whispered to her team.
jade was in her dressing room, crying up a storm.

her heart had just been broken, it came at her like a truck. she heard a knock on the door but she only whimpered.
whoever came in, wrapped their arms around her as she continued to cry.
at least she wasn't crying into her hands anymore. jade looked up as soon as she knew who's arms they belonged to.

"get out." she mumbled.
"i am here, jade. i'm not leaving."
"did you know?" she sniffled.
"know what?"
"that nick had a wife. a perfectly fine wife, and he never ever mentioned it to me. she comes up to the fucking door and i look like an idiot."
"no, i didn't know that and i'm really sorry jade."

"well, that's enough of vulnerable talk. thanks eddy." jade wiped her tears, leaving the dressing room and going home.
it was a messy morning for jade, her heart had been broken.
it hurt.

instead of pulling up to her house, she pulled into the driveway of the arreaga house.
she had knocked on the door, trying to make herself look decent after her rough morning.
"hey, what's up?" a shirtless and sleepy brandon, opened the door.
jade barely pulled a sentence together only bursting into tears, brandon immediately pulled her into his open arms.

he kissed her forehead, signaling that he was here for her no matter the situation.
brandon wiped the tears away from her face, taking her inside so she could calm down and tell him what's wrong.
"okay, did nick do something?"
she nodded, taking a few breaths to try and stop crying.

"what did he do because i swear if he touched you-"
"he had a wife. she came to the house this morning. i looked stupid just standing there in his house, walking around proud bring his girlfriend and all of a sudden he has a wife."
"they were fine no problem? she didn't mention anything about a break up or anything?"
"no, i'm just dumbfounded because there was no evidence of a wife or anything. she was just there out of nowhere!" jade raised her voice.

"hey, hey. calm down, you're okay. everything is going to be okay, forget about that dickhead." he said softly, hoping that would calm her down.
he had leaned in and kissed her gently, jade moved her lips in sync with his.
she was disappointed in herself to find herself hopping to the other one when the other did her wrong, but this time she was truly done with nick.

he might've been all good and sweet until finding out about his secret wife but jade fell too fast.
he had charm.
he knew his way with things.
it made her sad.

brandon was the first guy to give her a chance.
he never doubted her.
he never put her as a second choice.
he never gave up on her.
for every mishap, he fought for her.
it was brandon, it was always brandon.

why had she been so blind?
blinded by one's age or one's charm?
why had she been putting all these other people in her life when it was clear to her that it was brandon.

·.·'¯'·.·authors note·.·'¯'·.·
this was a terrible ending :( i'm lwk disappointed but it's okay. i love you guys and thank you for reading