-9

emma was awake early, ready to start her day.
jade was the complete opposite, she was still snoozing away in bed.
specifically brandon's bed.

the front door opened and closed, getting emma's attention.
"daddy!"
she ran towards brandon and kissed his cheek.
"you had fun with mommy?"
emma smiled nodding and put her finger up to her lips, shushing brandon.
she then whispers, "she's sleeping."

brandon squats down to say, "i'm going to surprise mommy."
emma pulls brandon to his room to where jade was sleeping peacefully.
"i forgot something, em." brandon let go of his daughters hand and ran back downstairs reaching for his bag.

he grabbed two items out from his bag, then making his way back upstairs.
"go hurry papa!" emma pulled him by his arm.
he walked into the room slowly so he wouldn't wake jade.

he chuckled to himself looking at her cozied up in his bed, leaning over the bed to set the gifts down.
he then climbed in bed and wrapped his arms around her, "jay wake up."
he repeated himself twice before she began to groan. brandon kissed her cheek multiple times then repeated himself again.

"oh my god you're here?" she replied all groggily, fluttering her eyes open to a smiling brandon.
"good morning jay, i just thought we could start over..while i was in napa i thought about us a lot. maybe you thought about me too?"
she turned over to face brandon and admired his features.

"emma would constantly talk and ask about you so there wasn't a time i wasn't thinking about you."
brandon interlocked his hand with hers, grabbing the two boxes.
"these are for you." he smiled.
the red boxes were stacked on top of each other, she had one in her hands already.

lifting the top she saw her name on an acrylic box with roses.
taking the box out, she saw there was a drawer on it.

"brandon." she gasped.
pulling the drawer open, she saw a tiffany box then saying brandon's name again going to hug him.
"open it." she sat in his lap, holding the box in her hands.
opening it, a locket laid in the box.
brandon reached over to open the locket revealing a picture of brandon and emma.

"this is so beautiful." she awed, wrapping her arms around brandon.
jade moved her hair to the side so brandon could put it on.
brandon's breath hit her neck sending chills down her spine, the hairs on her neck stood up.
jade grew nervous, the locket then landing on her collarbone.

brandon wrapped his arms around her as she sat there, staring into space trying to calm herself down. turning her head and looking up at him, in her head she thought about how brandon was so genuine.
he still cared about her endlessly after their small quarrel.

"jade, what?" he let out a little chuckle.
just do it
her lips clashed onto his, wrapping her arms around his neck. yet caught off guard, brandon kissed back.

eavesdropping emma, jumped around and cheered 'yes!' as she witnessed them kissing.
jade pulled away, biting her lip with a smile on her face.
"let's try something new." brandon says, standing up.
this grabbed jade's attention then turning to face brandon.

"like?"
"you and me, maybe try being together? as a serious thing?"
brandon pecked her lips and pulled her closer.
jade's breathing got heavy and her mouth opened like she were to say something.

"uhm..i.."

·.·'¯'·.·authors note·.·'¯'·.·
hey y'all i've been really busy with school which is why i've been really slow on updates