-29

she parked her car in the parking garage then used the elevator to go upstairs.
pressing the floor number, the doors closed.
it reached the fifth floor and the doors opened, nick walked in.
"hey, i didn't know you were here."
jade said with a smile.
"yeah, i just check in sometimes you know. to see if you're doing okay."

nick hugged jade and as the elevator reached the twelfth floor, they pulled away.
jade showed the receptionist her id card, "he is with me." jade and nick walked to where she was needed.
"you have a shoot today?"
"yea, i hope it's only one."

jade walked to hair and makeup, nick waited since he had nothing else to do.
"wait what?" nick heard jade yelp.
he was going to check on her but decided it'd be better to wait. thirty minutes later and jade walked out, she looked beautiful to nick.

"i have to change hold on." jade said to everyone who was pushing her.
the commotion was stressing her out, it always did. she wasn't used to these types of things, since she never worked under pressure and people wanting her to look how they wanted.

once she got changed, mario guided her on what he wanted for the shoot.
"where's lynn?" he called out.
"she's not coming!" jade yelled.
she was upset, this was supposed to be big for her and lynn but now it's just big for her.

as jade posed for the camera, she continuously made eye contact with nick which caused her to smile.
'i'm proud of you.' he mouthed.
this made her smile big, she was off guard and little did she know mario was capturing all of this. every picture of jade looked very genuine, her eyes had some type of softness and her smile was bright.

"you can be done for now, jade. i'm sorry lynn isn't here." mario said.
she's never seen him empathetic towards her, throwing him a faint grin. nick walked up to her with his hands in his pockets.
"you gonna go just like that?"

jade shrugged as nick handed her the clothes she had came in originally and followed nick out of the shooting room, the two just walked back to their cars.

"i miss seeing you around." she began.
he hugged her and jade felt her heart race as his arms tightly wrapped around her, "i do too." nick replied.
waving goodbye, jade made her way back home. home meaning the house she basically shares with brandon now, it concerned jade as to why lynn was a no show on their big debut together.

jade was turning the corner, but something caught her eye. it was lynn, walking out of the house. she was getting back into her car but her face had no significant emotion on it.

he couldn't possibly cheat?

maybe she was spending time with emma?

it wasn't normal for jade to get anxious like this, lynn was her friend it's a bit stupid for her to get over herself like this. thinking that something like that could possibly happen.
she pulled into the driveway and took a breath before getting out.

when jade walked into the house, brandon was sitting on the stairs with his head in his hands. he looked stressed and upset, maybe it was something to do with emma.

"b?" she called out.
"i was in love with you, i gave you my everything." he bellowed.
going to check on him, she crouched down and asked if he was okay.
"me? okay? that's a lovely question for you to ask jade." the tone in his voice hit her like a truck.

"w-was it lynn? did she-"
"no, lynn was doing the right thing. why didn't you tell me?" this time he sounded broken.
jade tried to place her hands on his cheeks but he pushed her away, she didn't know what was going on.

"you don't know a thing jade? nothing? seems like you can tell my ex-wife everything but you can't tell me anything huh, funny." he argued, scooting away from her.
"i never had the right time to tell you. i was caught up and at the time you and i were broken up. if i did anything wrong, i'm sorry." she defended.

brandon scoffed, "you broke my heart and all you can say is sorry? not 'oh i didnt know what i was talking about when i told lynn i ruined something that could've been good.' why don't you just go to him? take your shit and leave."
tears were now steaming down both of their faces, jade got down on her knees.

"brandon no, i love you. you don't understand how much you and emma mean to me. i am sorry, i never should've said those words. please save this, save us."
"right now, there's no more us." he spat.

·.·'¯'·.·authors note·.·'¯'·.·
anyways...