-7

the blaring of her alarm interrupted jade's slumber, she groaned pulling the blanket over her head. almost on cue, her doorbell started going off. throwing her blanket off of herself and going downstairs to see the idiot who wouldn't stop ringing her doorbell.

"who is-brandon?" jade put her hand by her face to cover her eyes from the sunlight.
"i need you to watch emma all day and a little bit of tomorrow. you can have my room, i'll be down at napa for work."
jade looked furrowed her eyebrows then nodded, she went back inside to grab her keys.

locking her front door then heading to brandon's house, jade was hesitant but she missed hearing emma's giggle.
walking over to his house, the garage door was open so jade walked in.
hearing emma's little voice warmed her heart but she heard other voices.

"b?" she called out, going inside.
three faces besties brandon came into view
one with a sharp jawline, one brunette, and one that was tall and slim.
"oh hey jay, these are my friends/coworkers,"
he introduced them from left to right starting with the one who had a sharp jawline.

"this is nick, austin and jeff. they're not that bad. you guys this is jade." he smiled.
jeff pointed at her and went,
"oh! this is the jade you go on and on about."
brandon lightly hit jeff as jade let out a small laugh.

"mommy!" she heard emma shrieking, running towards her.
jade caught her in her arms and carried her,
"hi princess."
"i missed you! i missed you so much!"
emma wrapped her arms around jade's neck and kissed her cheek.

the guys looked at brandon but he was too busy adoring the interaction between jade and emma.
"i'll be with you all of today and tomorrow."
jade said softly.
"really! papa is she really?"
emma smiled so big her eyes were starting to close.

"well we have to head out, it was nice meeting you jade." nick said, grabbing his suitcase.
they exchanged their goodbyes and brandon grabbed emma from jade's arms.
"bye princess, have fun with mommy alright?"

jade took awe of the moment, turning her head away looking down at her phone.
"no goodbye latrell?"
he said from behind, opening his arms for a hug. she put her phone down and hugged him back, kissing him on his cheek.

"be careful out there."
"of course i will."
brandon smiled as they pulled away, the guys looked dumbfounded.

emma grabbed jade's hand and shook it.
"okay so you can't lie to me! mommy do you like daddy?"
she opened her mouth but yet no words had come out of her mouth, only thinking of what to say and not knowing what to say..

                           •          •          •

"i thought you said you guys argued or something? like she was with some other dude." jeff poked brandon's shoulder.
brandon looked out the window trying to keep a poker face so he wouldn't crack in front of them.

"i can't lie, i have a soft spot for this girl."
he admitted with a chuckle.
smiling to himself even bigger at the thought of her, just hearing her voice made brandon weak to his knees.
"she's mature for her age too, she's really good with emma." he continued.

"you, my man are in love." austin patted brandon's shoulder.
brandon shrugged his shoulders to get austin's hand off of him.
"i've tried, i try so many times to get her to forgive me. i was drunk and i was just being really stupid. i try so hard to get her to forgive me." he groaned.

nick gave brandon a dirty look,
"you're doing it wrong. you give her time and just wait, don't rush anything. i think going and letting her be with emma is the right thing since it gives her that little reminder of you."

·.·'¯'·.·authors note·.·'¯'·.·