(27)A Forest Of Lies

It's that time of the year again; my birthday!

Enjoy the chapter Xx

My portal shot me out with an impatient wrath- it could feel my deep desire to rush and complied without me even having to truly think about it

I was thrown onto the damp soil; my feet already running the second they touched the ground. The earth was still wet from the earlier rainfall and a string of lightning volleyed across the horizon. The storm hadn't passed just yet.

My mind raced forward and my feet followed obediently. I ran into the bustling crowd of people; the market was alight with crowds and laughter. When a young girl recognised my face, she lifted her hand up to point at me and loudly exclaimed; "Look! It's Tea!"

A few people ignored her, but the majority whipped their heads around and tried to get a look. The crowd started to narrow in on me and I took a step back when a group of women and men rushed up, cheering.

"You're amazing!"

"My daughter loves you so much!"

"You're going to the Labyrinth next, right? I can't wait!"

"I actually hope you make it!"

I pushed past the gathering crowd. Some of them held up their hands to touch my ponytail and others were so forward as to grab my hand and pull me back into the whirlwind horde.

I snarled at the pesky mortals and some of them shot back, but then gasped and cheered even louder. They liked this whole warrior act, but right now, it was anything but an act. I was frantic with anger and dread.

Erebus is here. What is he doing here?

I managed to untangle myself from the throng of entertainment-hungry fans and bolted straight for the back alleyways. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me across the large city. The Palm hotel's tall, pointed roof came into view and I quickly slipped back onto the main road. The residents walking past didn't even have a chance to recognise me when I sprinted past them and through the front gates.

The twins were my first concern. I rushed to Claudeus and Casseus' room and knocked loudly; "Cas! Claw!" I didn't wait for an answer.

I swung open the door and pushed through the archway, but my eyes found more than I'd bargained for.