(32)Teal, Trapped and Torn

Teal, Trapped and Repeat

Morpheus' POV

"Helius."

I stood at the centre of the dock and watched with silent delight as the director of the Quantallus Bank was hauled off his large yacht by three brawny men. A familiar pair of dark eyes found mine with shock and realization; they widened with surprise, but then sunk just as quickly.

"Morpheus."

He knew my true name now- it made my task easier. I gestured to the men to unhand him and to step back from the tall man. They did as I ordered without hesitation. Helius adjusted his coat and examined the situation. He was quiet for a second, and then, dryly asked; "Are you controlling them with your magic?"

"No." I picked up two heavy bags of coin and flung them at the men to Helius' left. "With your money."

The director scoffed as I handed the third bag to the remaining man. "Gods are lazy lately."

"Why would I use my magic when I can use your own power against you?" I shook my head with a smile. "I've known you for such a short period of time, Helius, and yet I've already figured out what makes you tick." I gestured for the men to leave us alone.

Helius watched with hesitant nerves and a paranoid disposition as the three men left the edge of the dock and turned their back to him. No doubt he recognised them- they were his trained guardsmen, after all. Then again, perhaps I gave him too much credit for acknowledging his subordinates.

"You distorted my books. You made it look like I was leaving the island with the entire treasury." Helius said softly and then slowly nodded his head. He glared at me; "Well done." I suspect that was difficult for him to say.

It was difficult for me to accept his compliment. So I ignored it.

"I think you know what comes next."

Helius paused. He examined me with that calculating, scientific stare and then said; "I can make you a deal."

"A deal? From you?" I sighed dryly. "How surprising."

"Let me go and I will transfer half of the treasury over to you."

"Do you honestly think I need money?" I folded my arms, but waited with genuine curiosity for the answer. "You are aware that mortal coin means next to nothing in Olympus and in the Underworld? Your money is..." I scoffed and laughed curtly; "A joke."

"Fine then- I will give you the location of Manos' weapon's vault. It holds ancient relics and treasures." Helius opened his palms and tested the waters.

I eyed the man with suspicion. "And why do you know the location?"

"Estra showed it to me." Helius answered quickly.

"She showed it to you? Why? Why would she betray her master and reveal a secret location to a mere associate?"

"Estra and I once has a special relationship." Helius shrugged and lied effortlessly.

I didn't buy it. I had a sixth sense about these things... About a lot of things, come to think about it. "You had someone tail her, didn't you? You had dirt on Manos- and all members of the inner circle. Just like the dirt you wanted me to get on Simos and his teammates."

Helius smirked and shook his head; "You don't believe Estra and I could have a bond-"

"I don't believe you do anything for free." I smiled and tutted; "Helius, you should know better than to lie to the god of prophecies."