(1)Greenery on the Horizon

Greenery on the Horizon

"You're all cowards and I hate you."

I walked into the large chamber with my arms crossed and my lips pressed up into a pout. My long blonde hair skimmed past my rear as I huffed up and leaned against the console table beside a large, potted Gardenia.

I'd just spent nearly an hour being scolded by my parents in the room beside the council chamber and it wasn't pretty. My father's red eyes were alight with anger and the expression on my mother's face was one I frankly hated. She looked disappointed.

"Are you mad, Theia?" Father asked me and paced back and forth across the large hall. "You could've gotten seriously hurt!"

"But it wasn't me-"

"That doesn't matter." My mother interjected; "Triton could've gotten hurt or one of your brothers. Or anyone else for that matter. " She sighed and uncrossed her arms, her hand finding mine and squeezing it. "I realise it wasn't your idea, but you need to be the voice of reason whenever things like this happen."

"And it better not happen again!" Pater growled and came to stand beside his wife. "Gods know we just had the damn gardens fixed after Casseus and Asclepius' fire show last month. And now this."

"I'm sorry." I sighed and nodded; "And I should've intervened. I realise that now."

My mother smirked at me from the side and chuckled; "I swear you're all just looking for another excuse to do manual labour."

"I can do without that." I chuckled nervously- not to sound spoiled, but I kind of was. I as raised as the future heir of the Northern empires, along with my two brothers, and honestly, servitude was not for me.

Of course, I would do what was asked of me. That was probably the main difference between myself and my younger brothers- I didn't complain and I definitely had a knack for seeing the good in every situation.

Everyone nearly shot up all at once and leaned forward to hear what their inevitable punishment was. Although, as I stood in front of the others- all waiting for me to deliver the bad news- I was having a hard time finding the good in this situation.

"What happened?" Morpheus jolted up straight. He was by far my favourite cousin- he was kind and trustworthy, and not at all handy with a hammer or spanner in any way. Asclepius was the one we all had to look out for- gods; he had a new, bright idea every week. Morpheus was the god of dreams and prophecies and I think he had an inkling of what our punishment was.

"Are we grounded?" Rhode asked quickly and Casseus piped in too; "Was pater angry?"

I sighed and looked down. "Oh, he was angry."

"Damn." Casseus cussed under his breath and fell back down on the couch, beside his twin, who clearly couldn't care less about the aftermath of our joint stupidity. He was reading a book and it was pissing Casseus off to no end. Sometimes I think Claudeus only did certain things to annoy Casseus until he devolved back into a perturbed creature of the night. "How can you read at a time like this? We just blew down a wall."