(21)Olives, Oracles and Omens

Olives, Oracles and Omens

"Congratulations." Simos said as we entered the compound. He had his hands on his hips and a cheerful expression on his face. "You two were great! The crowd loved you!"

Malreus and I glanced awkwardly at one another, but said nothing. He moved towards his bedroom door without a single word. He looked like a dog who'd been kicked.

Simos looked between the two of us and raised an eyebrow. "Okay...?"

"So um..." I rubbed my arm with unease and watched as Malreus' bedroom door closed. He clearly wasn't in the mood to listen to Simos. "What did you guys see?"

"I watched from here." Simos said with a smile. He probably didn't want to be near Manos and his groupies anyway. "We saw nearly everything, but we kind of lost you two in the middle somewhere. One moment you two were together, powering through, and the next moment, it was just you in the idol's cavern, with the weapon's globe."

"Weapon's globe? That's what he calls it?" I scoffed at Helius' ridiculous name for his death machine. "Cute."

Simos chuckled and walked up to me; "You were really impressive, Tea." His finger traced a path up to where a stray blonde hair had escaped from my tight bun. He pushed it behind my ear. "The crowd loves you."

I felt awkward- I didn't really want this. Or did I? I don't know... Things were weird between Simos and I, but now things were even weirder between Malreus and me. My stomach didn't flip like it had with Malreus when Simos leaned in and whispered; "I'm glad you're safe."

"Um..." I leaned back and looked over his shoulder, at my bedroom door. I needed some time to think. "I'm going to bed. I need some rest. And a shower." I muttered and moved away from the young man.

Simos nodded and smiled cheerfully- fully optimistic again. "Of course! Shaban will bring breakfast to your room. You should eat something."

"Thanks." I nodded and quickly stepped inside my room. We'd made it out of the cave at dawn, but my body and mind needed rest. I'd go out later tonight to look for more monoliths. Perhaps it was better to go alone- I needed some space.

I closed my bedroom door and locked it. I didn't want breakfast now- I just need to clean myself and jump into bed. That's all I really wanted.

That's the only thing I knew I really wanted.

I think...

Narray's POV

Narray's POV

It was easy. These mortal men were susceptible.

Keya would book me for a man- sometimes young, but more often than not, an older gentleman. I would lead him inside my new bedroom and smile seductively. Then, with a basic spell, I'd knock him out and push him back onto the bed.