In Case You Don't Live Forever

Sodapop rushed back in with the pen and paper. "So how do you play?" He asked Ponyboy breathlessly.
     "Y-you have to set the planchette on the board, and say hello," Ponyboy mumbled with wide eyes.
     Soda did as he was told, and set up the board. "Ok then what?"
     Pony knelt down beside his older brother, and placed a finger on the planchette. Sodapop did the same.
     "Hello?" They both said.
     I looked at Dally, seeing if he wanted to talk to them. He shook his head and waved his hands in the brothers direction. "Go ahead."
     "See nothings happening-"
     I cut Dally off as I touched the planchette with my other finger and slid it over to Hello.
     "S-Stop it guys," Two-But sniffled. "Th-that's not funny."
     "It's not us!" Soda and Pony exclaimed at the same time.
     Darry snapped. "Put it up, now."
     Pony and Soda flinched away at their brothers tone, removing their fingers. That left just mine.
     I tried moving it again, but it was like moving a brick; nevertheless, I persisted.
     I continued using the planchette, sending it to the letters I wanted.
     Steve grabbed the abandoned notebook and pen, scribbling down the letter. After I was done, he looked shakily at the group.
     "J-Johnny says they're still here..." he looked at each member of the gang with wide eyes.
     Ponyboy left out a relieved laugh. "I knew it!"
     I sat back and smiled. They knew we were still here, and that we weren't going to abandon them.
     "Hey are you ok?" Dally asked me.
     "Mhm. Kinda tired," I muttered, trying to keep my eyes open.
     He sat down beside me. "Well sleep, we have all the time in the world."
     I smiled at Dally, and placed my head in his lap, falling asleep quickly.