Chapter 13: The Map to The Last Jedi

Rey's POV:

The whole ride with Chewie to get back to D'Qar is very quiet. I can tell Chewie is not doing too well emotionally. After all, he just lost his best friend, Han. On the other hand, I'm still in shock from all the events that took place today, maybe when that shock runs out ill be hit with a wave of sadness. I know I only knew Han for a couple of hours but ever since I heard about his story I thought of him as a hero. I would have never imagined I was going to meet him and I was hoping for him to stick around a bit more, but what his son did was completely ruthless and it's something that I can't comprehend.

"I think Han would be proud that you managed to finish his mission..." I say quietly to Chewie trying to break the ice.

"Me too..." He says growling but the tone of it came out sad.

"He tried saving his son... I... I guess he would've not been able to live with himself knowing he didn't try." I say trying to find an explanation on why he risked his life just like that. He was doing it for his son.

"Han always tried his best with Ben." Chewie growls and looked over at me. "He always felt guilty about Ben turning to the dark." He keeps going.

I look at him and then look down staying awfully quiet. I never had that. I never had parents who tried their best for me. At least not that I can remember.

"Leia still had hope..." Chewie growls sadly. "You will meet her when we arrive at D'Qar"

Of course, how could I forget about Leia? She was another hero from the Rebellion. She smuggled the plans of the Death Star from the empire and that's how everything started. That's how after many years of tyranny they were able to put an end to the Empire. She started everything.

For the longest time, I always thought those stories were just made up or exaggerated to give hope but after all of this, I'm starting to think they were real all along. I wasn't even sure about the resistance being a real thing but when Finn showed up and claimed he was part of me that also sparked some sense of hope inside of me. Talking about Finn, I better check how he is doing.

I stand up and go to check on Finn as he is laying down completely passed out, luckily the ride to D'Qar isn't too long we should be getting there soon according to the GPS. He is very badly injured and I can't help but feel guilty about it. He could have died instantly and it would have been my fault. Even now I'm still hoping for him to recover from this as soon as possible.

Without realizing it I see Chewie walk up to me and growl indicating that we ready landed on D'Qar. He walks over to Finn and picks him up carefully as the falcon ramp opens and he walks out, medical personnel ready to assist anyone who is injured.

I walk out of the falcon and look around noticing the number of people around me. Everyone is cheering and celebrating their victory, but I can't help but feel sad about all the bad things that happened.

Suddenly I see a woman standing a few feet ahead of me, she seems sad and something inside me instantly tells me who she is, Leia. I look at her guilt washing over me. Maybe I could have saved Han maybe I could of prevent his death being such a tragic story but now I'll never know. I can tell she is heartbroken by the tears in her eyes but at the same time, she is grateful for their victory. Without any notice, she hugs me and tears instantly start to fall down my eyes emotions taking over me.