Chapter 9: Cruel Reality

Hankuro had experienced many months between the three villages. He learned so much of his families heritage but wondered why he wasn't born with any Kekegenkai. He grew closer to his mother and also Hinata whom they had started going steady which shocked most of the leaf with how shy she was normally. He spent most his time in the Leaf with her and if one were seen the other was surely right behind.

"H-Hankuro? Can...can we talk?" Hinata had said softly as she layed in her bed with him. She was biting her bottom lip rather tightly as she slowly sat on top of him.

Hankuro blushed deeply as he watched her. "O-Of course we can Hinata. Whatever you have on your mind we can always discuss. You know I like honesty and openness."

Hinata nodded as she slowly leaned forward and gently kissed his cheek before moving to his ear. "Its time to wake up Hankuro-kun." She then snickered as she bit down on his neck roughly and broke the skin as blood trickled down his neck.

His eyes widened widely as he soon felt the room grow cold and warp. The calm and gentle presence of her room turning into a large cell. He looked above and saw his arms chained and hanging. "W-What the f-.." He wretched in pain as he slowly turned to notice Orochimarus mouth latched onto his neck and putting a curse mark on him.

Orochimaru cackled as he pulled his mouth away from the young ninja. "Mmm. Your blood is some of the sweetest I've tasted in quite sometime boy. So you're probably very confused. Your hairs longer then I expected it would be for being here almost 2 years now."

Hankuro teared up as he felt the mark form on his neck. He panted softly and felt his heart beat faster but then noticed the missing piece. "W...why do I feel...so weak..."

"Hmm. A mixture of a few things. Probably the affects of being chained up like this for so long. The drugs to suppress your original fight you had. Oh! And the missing Tailed Beast I harvested from you. You are quite the fighter. I was happy to sacrifice the lifeforces of my test subjects to keep you from dying."

His eyes widened as he knew he wasn't lying. He couldn't feel her presence inside himself anymore, or anywhere near them. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER OROCHIMARU!!"

"OOOO. So you did make the connection we suspected. But you shouldn't worry about that. She's mine now. And so are you." He grinned and cupped his chin. "Mmm you'll be fun to experince how far you will go." He tapped his cheek and smiled before walking away.

Hankuro couldn't hold back his tears as they fell and he remained suspended off the ground. "Two...two years...and all of that was just a lie...I.." He clenched his eyes tightly as he let out his pain and heartache inside his cell.

One Year Later:

Naruto, Sakura, Yamato and Sai were inside one of Orochimarus hidden bases on a lead of where Sasuke might be. There voices and footsteps echoed as they frantically searched. Sakura froze as she opened one door and saw Hankuros seemingly lifeless body hanging from the ceiling. "H-Hankuro? Is that...is that really you.."

His eyes slowly fluttered open as he lifted his head to make eye contact with the girl. "S-Sakura...help me...p-please.."

Sakura quickly moved to him followed in tow by Yamato as she broke the chains and helped him to the ground. "We thought you were dead. You've..you've been missing for three years Hankuro. You're telling me that..That you've been stuck here since the Chunnin Exams?" He simply nodded, he was physically to weak to do much more. He fell forward and landed on her, his head on her left shoulder with his neck exposed. "You...you poor..oh gods. He got you too?" She noticed the same curse mark as Sasuke's on him and gently cupped his head. "Captain Yamato we have to get him back. He needs our help."

"That seems a bit obvious Sakura but yes." He formed a few hand signs as a wood clone appeared and picked up the boy. "My clone will take him back immediately. Hopefully we can still help this boy."