Chapter 14: Shinra Tensei

Hankuro was resting comfortably in his hospital bed, smile on his face as he still was recovering. Even though he had physically recovered from all his injuries his body had yet to fully adjust to having his Tailed Beast back. *You know Hankuro...I feel like today's is going to be an interesting day.* He smirked as he nodded. "You know Isobu I can fully agree. This does feel like its going to be a good day." He moved his legs to the side of the bed as he heard a rumbling in the distance. "What the hell was th-" His eyes widened as he felt a large amount of heat before an explosion happened and he was ejected from his room and flung into the neighboring building.

Doctors and shinobi were going room to room checking on patients. Sakura and Hinata were among them checking on patients. Hinata arrived at Hankuros room and her jaw dropped when she saw it was simply not there as rubble fell to the ground. "H-Hankuro..Hankuro-kun!!" Her voiced cracked as she screamed out his name. She had activated her Byakugan and saw him across the road, heart beat slow as he caused a large hole inside the building.

Blood trickled down from his lips, his eyes shut tight as he seemed lifeless. "A..Anh.." His eyes slowly fluttered as he felt a new chakra presence standing over him.

"Uzamaki Naruto. You will tell me where he is. One way or another." A smaller feminine figure stood in front of him on top of a creature he never seen before. He recognized the Akatsuki cloak and simply smirked. "You are not a Leaf ninja. What are you doing here?"

Hankuro slowly stood up, legs shaking as he wiped the blood away from them. "You're right...I'm not from the Leaf. I'm Hankuro Kizamaye...of the Sand.." He clenched his fists tightly as he spit the blood built up in his mouth onto the floor. "And you...just fucked up.."

Elsewhere in Konoha:

Tsunade stood on top of the Hokages building and was assessing the damage. "Shit...this is bad. A frontal assault on the village? Who would be so bold?"

"That would be me...Lady Tsunade." From above her and the Anbu surrounding her floated the Deva Path. "The Leaf Village has lived a long while now in peace. You become comfortable and that is a problem. You no longer know what pain is...you do not know the dispare others have gone through. But...you will soon..." He floated away and higher up, towards the middle of the village as he held up his hands. "This village...its inhabitants...and the rest of the world shall know the true power of the Akatsuki. The true power of pain...Shinra...Tensei!!!"

In almost an instant the villages buildings started to crumble and shatter as the dust and debris was pushed out the gates on all surrounding sides of the village. Many villagers and ninja alike died instantly but some remained. Sakuea dropped to her knees as she witnessed the horror and clenched her fists as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Naruto...please...come back..Naruto...Naruto!!!!" But he wasn't there, he couldn't hear her screams but one could.

Pain and his paths stood waiting on the hill near the now crator of a village. A cloud of smoke emerged in the center, a chakra level of a tailed beast Jinchuruki. The Pains defended to be surprised to see a beat up Hankuro, panting with bloodied knuckles. "Well? Wasn't who you were expecting was it?" He smirked slowly as he licked his lips.

The Paths stood in front of him slightly perplexed. "You are no ordinary human. You have the chakra levels of a Jinchuruki. How is this possible?"

"You'll just have to find out." He held out his hands and channeled chakra. "Lightning Style: Arching Bolts!" Three orbs of electricity formed and then launched at the 5 remaining paths, though one stepped in front and seemed to absorb the jutsu. "I see. So ill need to take that one out first huh?" He nodded and started to run forward, ripping off the little amount left of his shirt.

"You'll never be able to defeat us. You do not know our pain." The Deva Path stepped forward and drew out one of his chakra rods and then held out his right hand. "Almighty Pull!"

Hankuro felt his feet loose there balance from underneath him and the sudden yanking of his body toward the other. "This is my chance..." He thought to himself as he held out his hands again. "Arching Bolts!" As he fired off the Lightning Style jutsu again he noticed the chakra absorbing one step forward. "Perfect!" He channeled chakra into his foot and then slammed it into him, launching him away and downing him. "One down..anh..4 more to go."

"You battle analysis skills are good. But. You're no match for us on your own child." Deva Path nodded as the other three paths started there attacks. The summoning path releasing a few monsters at once.

Hankuro took a few steps back as he braced for impact and felt a hand on his shoulder and heard a whisper. *Kid...You're not alone.* He then saw an image of Jiraya smirking before a cloud of smoke appeared and down came three large toads.

"Hey Blue!!! Sorry I'm late." Naruto stood on top of one of the toads with Hankuro now with him. "But don't let that guy get to you. You're never alone...because you're my friend."